Yorahome 6550 and Lightburn 9.24 issues

I just got my Yorahome 6550 set up and attached to Lightburn. A couple of issues that I’m having. If I let Lightburn find my laser, it sets the firmware to GRBL -M# (1.1e or earlier) It also sets my workspace at about 8x8" which is certainly not correct. So what I did was add it manually, select GRBL and set my workspace at X-650 Y-500.

2 issues that I’m having:

1. All my designs look good in the software, and in the preview, however when it burns it on the wood, it’s backwards on the X axis.
  2. My laser leaves transverse marks as it moves from one object to another for some reason.

How do I fix these 2 issues? What is the proper firmware for the Yorahome 6550 and why does the Lightburn software not find it and have the correct workspace size?

Have a look at this section of our documentation, covering both issues. The first is having the Device Origin set correctly, and the traversal lines are most likely a firmware setting. Common GRBL/GCode Setups - LightBurn Software Documentation

What firmware is currently installed and running on this motion control motherboard? What do you see displayed in the ‘Console’ window when first trying to connect?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.