Z doesn't stop Problem

When I start the job it does one cut ( instead 3 cuts and rising whit 0.5 mm each )and then starts rising the table and almost broke my head.

I don’t have limit switches on z axes but even so, should it go up to 0.5mm as set on each layer but instead it does one cut and keep raising z up till I don’t switch the machine off as non stop button works.

I couldn’t find any tutorials showing what to do in that case.

Can anyone help, please?

We’ll need some more info. What kind of machine are you running? What controller does it use? If applicable, what firmware version is installed on the controller? What version of Lightburn were you using? Has the z-axis worked fine in the past? Can you move the z-axis with the controls in Lightburn?

I have built the laser myself. I use Ruida RDC6332G . Firmware is the one the controller came whit. I haven’t updated the firmware as I didn’t need to . The Lightburn version is 0.9.11. I can move z-axis from Lightburn but when I start a job it keeps rising the bed and I cannot stop.

Hi Blake,

It seems that DIY laser means nothing to you and baying Red/Black Chinese is a better option. I have asked on Lightburn support email, I did ask here in the forum too and nothing.

No support or whatever

Blake
‘‘I wasn’t able to find anything about a ‘nick1978’ machine online, so we’ll need some more info’’ I have attached photos of the laser and 3d engraved sample for you and it runs at 1500 mm/s with 50.000 acceleration ( I can provide videos if needed)!
Sorry I didn’t know that I had to mention the laser type before purchasing the software

This is the only post I see from you on the forum. This is the recommended place to post for help, as well. Emails should really be for other things, or things with personal info involved.

Anyhoooooo, you’ll need to have a bit more patience. The LB crew is very small, and surely stretched in many directions. The people here are friendly as long as you’re patient and courteous.

But yes, “DIY Laser” doesn’t tell me anything important. There are many controllers, and they all have their quirks and differences. People are running different operating systems like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Diode lasers are different from co2 lasers. So to help you the best, we just ask for as much info as possible. If you built your own laser, I don’t see how this should be an issue.

You’re free to purchase anything you like for any reason whatsoever. Your best bet is to utilize the trial fully to make sure it works the way you expect with your laser. That way you’re not out any money, and LB doesn’t have to spend time and money refunding your purchase.

There is certainly a difference in the purchase you’ll make though, depending on whether you have a supported DSP controller, or a gCode capable controller. $80 for DSP Lightburn, and $40 for gCode.

So, hang tight, and I’m certain someone will come by and help you better than I can.

The reason we need to know what machine you have (or what controller at least) is that the options presented and answers to a problem may be quite different, depending on what you use to drive your system. I would not tell you to enter commands into the console, for example, if you don’t have a GCode based controller.

I have responded to your email as well, but the problem you’re likely having is that you haven’t enabled ‘Relative Z moves’, so the controller is starting your cut with a move to an absolute Z height, taken from whatever ‘Material (mm)’ value you have entered in the main window.

Mr. Anyhoooooo ( [Blake Bartlett)
Are you the one talking about courteous?
‘‘I wasn’t able to find anything about a ‘nick1978’ machine online so we’ll need some more info.’’ ???

Info provided :
‘‘I use Ruida RDC6332G . Firmware is the one the controller came whit. I haven’t updated the firmware as I didn’t need to. The Lightburn version is 0.9.11. I can move z-axis from Lightburn but when I start a job it keeps rising the bed and I cannot stop.’’

Reply :
“DIY Laser” doesn’t tell me anything important. There are many controllers, and they all have their quirks and differences. People are running different operating systems like Windows, Mac, and Linux. Diode lasers are different from co2 lasers. So to help you the best, we just ask for as much info as possible. If you built your own laser, I don’t see how this should be an issue.

it has become quite confusing to me don’t you think

‘‘The LB crew is very small, and surely stretched in many directions’’
That was one of the reasons I bought the software to support people who develop and keep improving

Your first post doesn’t mention Ruida - that’s why he asked. He looked at your profile and it lists “nick1978” in the ‘Machines’ section, which you can see yourself if you click your name:

We ask people to fill this in because it saves us constantly having to ask what type of hardware you use.

Hi Oz,

Thanks for taking the time.
I did try last night every possibly way whit ,without ,optimised or not and keep rising the bed and no button works nether on my pc nether on the controller.

Regards,

Nick

I do apologize,

I don’t know what I did opening that profile

I have got it working now. I don’t know why it didn’t work last night probably a bit more excited about having the software or ext. but it doesn’t matter now as it is working.I’m sorry for the trouble:(

I did try to set a file to engrave an area and the second layer to on top to engrave deeper on certain areas but that option works on one layer only like how many passes and what z movement you want. Can I set every layer of engraving to start at different high to keep the focus as it goes deeper?

The ‘Z Offset’ value of a layer specifies a depth offset for the whole layer, so that should do what you want.

Thank you

As I was trying them before and ket rising the bed I was scared to try again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.