3-axis USBCNC control panel, miniUSB interface, 3-axis limit

I have upgraded to a 15w blue diode laser. I also purchased a new controller. “3-axis USBCNC control panel, miniUSB interface, 3-axis limit, manual low light, can take less than 2-phase 4-wire stepper motor,IS excellent option for controlling small 2 and 3 axis CNC projects including laser engravers and mini routers”
http://www.bachinmaker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=nano3axis
I cannot control the x,y axis or the laser.
To say that I am a beginner is an understatement. I am not sure if all the items are compatible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike

That appears to be a GRBL controller. Start with GRBL-M3 as the device driver in LightBurn, as that’s the most generic driver.

You haven’t said anything about what you’ve tried, what has happened, etc. Does the board connect? Do you see anything in the console? Does the software supplied with it work, but not LightBurn?

Sorry new to this. The software says that the laser is connected. Ans I am using the GRBL-M3 as you suggested. I have control over the X axis But cannot control the Y axis or the laser. I have reconnected the old controller to check if the new one was defective. No help. I did not have this issue with the old controller until this latest upgrade

I’m sorry, but that’s very little information to go on. When you say “until this latest upgrade” what do you mean? When you changed controllers? At this point it’s unclear if your issue is software, configuration, hardware failure, wiring, or some combination of these.

A couple things you can try:

• Swap the connectors for the X & Y motors - does the Y motor move now? If not, it might be a dead motor
  • Does the software supplied with the board move it? If so, are there commands echoed anywhere you can see?

light-burn worked on my old board until the latest update.
I will get all of the details and reply to you when I have compiled all of the information .
Thank you

You said, “until the latest update”. Are you saying that you updated LightBurn and it stopped working, or you updated the hardware?

I can’t read minds, so feel free to be as descriptive as possible. I can’t see what you see, or know what you’ve done or tried doing, unless you tell me.

It was a light-burn update

Can you recommend a controller that will run your software and control a stepper motor driven cnc laser engraver / cnc wood carver?
I would need x,y,y and z axis plus power for the spindle 12vdc
and a 15 watt laser 12 vdc / 5 amp
I’ll get that and not worry about this stuff

You may want to have a look at the Cohesion3D.com laserboard, it was designed to be a laser and cnc controller. It is a solid choice and works flawlessly with LightBurn.

Thank you for your help