$57.83 laser 3000mw, 200x290mm, time for parts swapping

If it ever comes in - I think I’ll build a display case with 24k gold inlay, hi-tech alarm with booby traps !!

Excellent idea! Bribery always works. :grin:

:thinking: On reflection, you could have asked them to e-mail the plans and specs, Randy, because you surely could have built one from scratch in the time it has taken to get here (north TX). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

could have built four or five by now. LOL

An upcoming business opportunity there! :crazy_face:

Another thing to remember:
A couple of years ago I forgot my wives birthday, well sort of, wrong day of the month. At the last minute my brother said go get her a dozen flowers with a card and put a 50/100 bill in the card. That’s the only way to save your tail end right now. It WORKS, it really works good. Come to think of it, LOL, hers is the 29th of this month.

Now that’s an idea! I wonder how many nema 17’s I would have to buy to get a $1 or $2 dollar cost each on them?

A change of subject here: I got five 3-D files yesterday from 805 LaserSpot. Burned my first one yesterday on junk plywood. Looks ok I guess. Right now I’m burning #2 & #3 on solid White Oak. Big difference !!!

No need to do any special deals…

https://tinyurl.com/NEMAmotorsonecent

Shipping is costly and it comes from PRC. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You know the rules… pictures please! :grinning:

Sorry, I was not thinking about the pics.

and I am burning this rout 66, (9-1/2") as I’m posting right now.

I wonder? maybe start a go fund “us” page, sell shares in new start up business! Time for Arduino boards

:grin:

I have not really tried engraving any 3D images. There is a sense of 3D in the first image on plywood. The white oak images look sharp and have a really nice 3D aspect. I think I have stopped using oak because I find the typical appearance of the open grain to be a distraction. I love the work though and will have to give 3D images a look. The quality of the oak images is photographic and they look very attractive. The tonal range is impressive too. Did you burn them as photographic images?

I could not see how they are selling them at one cent each. Interestingly, if one ordered in bulk and could get realistic shipping rates, it could easily knock a huge hole in the stepper motor market elsewhere. Who would NOT pay $10 for 1000 NEMA 17 stepper motors! It would almost be worth taking a trip to a boat builders and shipping them yourself.

My first time burning oak. In the first photo you can feel the 3-D image with your finger, looks and feels about, (maybe) 1/8th to 3/16" deep. #2 photo, your right, it has very little depth feel to it so the 3-D look is not as dominant. Counting on shading more than anything. #3 photo turn out pretty good I think? Shows more 3-D than #2. And here is big bamboo board that finished at 6:30 am this morning ----

camera flash right down the middle of this one.(#3)

and this last one I’m trying to show detail.

1 Like

I love the look of that. I had not thought about using bamboo. It is very fine grained and that looks like a great image. Jeez! What are you doing up at silly o’clock? I will have to look into making some 3D laser images. I have used my 4.2W laser to engrave ceramics, glass, wood and slate.

Two examples on 300 x 200mm slate placemats about 5mm in thickness. It is hard to show graduated burns on slate but I think the gold burned areas of the motorcycle are as luxurious as they were unexpected. The art deco placemat has more of a silver look. The colour change may be due to more time spent on the burn for the motorcycle for showing a little more detail.

Ducati 900 SS

Art Deco slate placemat

Where do you get your slate? I’ve only been able to find it at the home depot type stores or flooring stores. The problem I have is it varies to much it’s hard to deal with.

Some ‘burns’ dark other light, and some I can’t even make a mark…

Mail order…?

:smile_cat:

I think these pieces came from Amazon (in the UK). Lessee…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Argon-Tableware-Rectangle-Slate-Placemats/dp/B09B2NHVV4/ref=sr_1_27?crid=F5CRYHOJPB9L&keywords=slate+placemats+300+x+200&qid=1658752322&sprefix=slate+placemats+300+x+200%2Caps%2C64&sr=8-27

These are the ones I purchased.

I think you could also try to experiment with power and feed speed settings.

These are 4" square tiles that are a different slate (also Amazon I think)

bad health, I’m lucky to get 5 to 6 hrs. sleep out of every 24. Pain keeps me awake. It really stinks.
That Ducati looks good. That place mat looks like “WOW” killer good !!! Keep in mind that my biggest laser is only olm-15, (aka-4.5W) and I tried to burn slate, sort of worked. I bought 4 tiles, coaster size. My first attempt became a target outside. #2 sort of burned and #3 did fair. Somewhere here in LB I read about trying clear coat on the tile before burning it. It helped for me on #3.
This one is #2 burn

This one is #3 - with clear coat before burning.

And #4 is still laying in the spare material drawer.

“NEW UPDATE” — Package is now in, (rolling on the floor laughing to death !!)
07/25/2022 07:16 Arrival at inward office of exchange MEXICO AEREO D.F. MEXICO
WOOHOO — it finally made it across the big pond !! Not bad at all, no sir, not all. Why this here little ole thing only took 32 daaays! to cross this here pond. (that’s deep southern texas draw talking)(I love to hear it).

Where are you getting these tracking numbers? Are these coming from the vendor?

If you look at the tracking information for those 2 numbers the dates and locations don’t correlate.

LP532472359CN indicates that the package entered Japan in Osaka which is located on the west side of Japan. It then moves to Kagoshima which is even farther west. Then rx134436248jp indicates that the package shipped out of Japan from Tokyo which is on the east side of Japan and on a different island from Kagoshima. The dates also overlap between the two tracking numbers and don’t correlate in any way. Never mind the fact that there would be no reason to use Japan as an intermediary for shipments from China. That would only increase costs.

If you’re getting these numbers from the vendor you’re clearly getting the runaround.

1 Like