80 W Vevor laser machine with RDC 6442G - will this work via MacOS?

Yes, I’m pretty sure it will.

1 Like

Thank you Bernd! I’m not sure yet which laser I will buy, so I will surely be asking again about some machine… :smile: Is there a place on this board where the “China Laser compatibility” question is discussed generally? THANK YOU!

There are often some questions about the various controls here on the forum or you can also search for specific information.
On the actual website from LightBurn, this is here on their first page.

“”"
Designed to Work With Your Laser

LightBurn talks directly to your laser, without the use of additional software.

We currently support most Ruida, Trocen, TopWisdom, and GCode based controllers. Supported GCode controllers,include Grbl, Smoothieware, Grbl-LPC, and Marlin. Supported Ruida controllers include the RDC6442G/S, RDC6445G, RDC6332G, RDLC-320A, and R5-DSP. Supported Trocen controllers include the AWC708C, AWC608, and TL-3120. More controllers will be added soon, so if you don’t see yours listed, send us a message - maybe we’re already working on it!

If your controller is GCode, Ruida, Trocen, or TopWisdom based, even if it’s not listed it might be supported already - Download the free trial and try it for yourself. If it doesn’t work, sometimes it only takes a day or two to make the required changes to support a new board in these existing families.

“”"

You are of course always welcome to ask us all here directly, there is always someone who would like to help or share his experiences with others.

1 Like

Before you buy from Vevor please do yourself a favor and check reviews/BBB ratings of them . My experience was not good.

1 Like

Ok, thank you!

… also interesting reading while you decide :wink:

1 Like

Great, thank you!
I’m just checking THIS one out (on Amzn)

Orion Motor Tech 80W Co2 Laser Engraving Machine 500 x 700 mm Laser Graviermaschine mit USB-Anschluss (80W-500 x 700 mm)
Sent them a question about the controller, don’t know why they dont say that in their lenghty description…
:sweat_smile:

I mean, it was my wish machine but I could not get it down in the basement, in my workshop. Door opening was missing 3-4 cm before the machine could get through. :frowning:
Try sending a link to the machine. I have had excellent experiences with OMT´’s service so far.
… remember, you also need a cooling machine, for an 80Watt machine you can not do with a bucket and ice cubes :wink:

1 Like

The vevor thing would be too big for me too, but the Orion is just 120x70x87 - which is great!
60W might be ok too…
I didn’t know if I was allowed to post a link… Here it is!

Seller says it’s controller is a Ruida KT332.
Greetings from Austria! Mirjam

It’s the machine I’ve looked at, but which were the few cm too big for my door: - (((
It’s very similar to the little brother I bought, the same controller that some call a Ruida clone, but it comes from the same factory and works (with me) fantastically easily and politely.
The air pump is the same as in the pictures of mine, but when the machine was delivered, it came with a somewhat better version, which is actually reasonably quiet and can still provide air.
I am very happy with my machine and the trade itself went well too.
I have had a few questions and a minor complaint which was quickly and nicely sorted out by OMT. In general, I feel comfortable trading with OMT and in through Amazon, then nothing should go wrong.
If you have the space and the money I would recommend going for the big machine, you know it can never get too big ;-), except if you have to engrave very small and super filigree things, here the focus spot can get a little too big at the very large machines. (I have no problem engraving very fine things)
Have you thought about buying a CW5000?

And for what do you want to use your machine mainly?

Greetings back from the windswept Denmark

Your experience with OMT sounds very reassuring…
Acually I’m working on filigree things - miniatures! :sweat_smile: This is my shop: TinyRoomsTherapy | Etsy

Most of it is made of card stock and mat board, but I want to work with plywood and Mdf too.
And I need it to work WAY faster!
That blue little cupboard is made of 1.5 mm matboard (which I double) - this takes more than 70 minutes to cut. :sweat_smile:

Very, very beautiful!
But, so small parts and so this big machine … ??

Why does it take 70 minutes to make this nice little blue table?

Thank you! I need a laser that is strong enough to cut my mini kit parts QUICKER… :blush:
My 36W diode (output ca. 8W) won’t cut it faster, it takes forever.
Do you think 50x70 cm workspace is too big?

Wait, I think the output is something like 15W? I don’t know, it’s just not enough!

So, just to demonstrate what is also possible with a 60Watt tube and I have not even optimized the parameters properly yet.

I mean, even though the laser beam is an additional 0.5-1mm larger, (before the lens), at an 80Watt tube, you always have the option of using a 1 or 1.5 "lens, which should provide a very fine focal point.

I also have a 5.5Watt diode laser, but besides balsa and poplar I could not use it for quite a lot without it getting too sooty and charred.
But from 15 Watt diode laser to 80Watt CO2 laser - I call it a proper jump up the ladder. If it is this kind of thing you do primarily, then a 50-60Watt will handle the task very well. It’s a difficult decision.

Thank you very much for your advice - I appreciate that!
As I said, I’m looking around, hoping to find the best solution…
Yes, I need a very fine focal point - you mean, that is not given with the regular lens of the 80W?!
I’m not engraving much (yet), primarily cutting out my shapes.
Probably I should really check out the 50/60 Watt category.
Plug and play would be phantastic!
But I guess, thats too expensive… :blush:

I think the machines today are reasonably plug and play. Maintenance and fine-tuning you also have to bother with a 3 times as expensive machine. But I really do not think it is too difficult a challenge.
What “expensive” alternatives do you have in mind?

Trotec! But not really… haha!

I know, finetuning and all that affords work and concentration - but I’m stubborn, not giving up anyway.
I’m just dreading to get in a situation where something in the newly delivered machine is not right and I have to find out how to fix it. Fortunately you guys here are very responsive!!! Of course I would not want to overuse this kindness…

You just get started, we will help you, if you do the necessary homework with the theory and the machine manual, so we speak the same language, then it should probably work.

Trotec, sounds nice and expensive, take 2 OMTs instead :wink: