Advice: Moving trial version to new laptop

I’m still in my trial period, but I’ve purchased a second “burner” type laptop that I don’t feel bad about leaving in a dusty shop.

I installed Lightburn on the “new” one and tried to type in my trial code (from the previous install) that displays when you start the software up. Didn’t take it. So a couple questions…

1. How do I ‘sync’ the trial period on both machines? I don’t want to take advantage by starting a whole new trial period. Fair’s fair.
  2. When I do get them both running, will lightburn recognize me and sync settings or is it a whole new setup with the new laptop?

Thanks much!

Just start a new trial on the new machine. You can not use the same trial key on a different system at the same time. You can export your preferences and device profiles, so you can have the same setup on both systems, but syncing the time for the trials is not needed nor supported. :slight_smile:

After registration though can I use both? One for design & one for production? I thought I read somewhere where you can use two.

Also - can you point me to a “how to” for exporting settings? Thanks!

The trials are independent and know nothing of each other, so yes. When using a purchased key, there are 2 seats standard, and we offer a 3rd for free, when asked nicely. :slight_smile:

To use shared settings,

and the following is worth review as well. :slight_smile:

Awesome. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.