Air aiss wont turn off

hi im a noob here

so heres my problem

my air asis was working great a few of months ago

now suddently it wont turn of ive conected it to status and 24 v coz wind/ wont turn it on

even with air assist turn on on the controller

my controller is a ruida rdc 6442s-B(Ec)

any ideas

The model number for the controller is very helpful. Thank you.

Is Air Assist the only thing that doesn’t work?

I might need a pic, sketch or drawing to follow what you’ve done here.

Yes is te only thing thata not working

Had to disconect it coz it wont turn off

air assist ruida (crop ii)

I’m having a little trouble reading that.

At least we know it’s the main board :crazy_face:

Do you have a snub diode on the solenoid?

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Snub diode?
I dont know :face_with_peeking_eye:

Anytime you have a coil that is energized, it will produce a reverse voltage when the field collapses.

This is where a snub diode is used… If it’s not there, the reverse voltage can go very high causing the driving device to fail.

Sometimes these just fail… such is life… There have been a few people fix them… don’t really know your abilities in this arena.

It was working at one time correct?

If you care, here is a pretty good video on why you need snub diodes …

Yes it was working good

If it was working fine, the excludes from the list configuration or setup and goes back to a hardware failure.

It sounds like you have changed it over to the status and it’s working. That would leave the wind pin as the culprit. I know these can be en/disabled, via one of the RDWorks software versions… I doubt this is the issue as these don’t turn themselves on/off.

You can double check the basics like connectors failing. However they appear to work and would point to the controller having an issue.

Ive conected to status the first time coz wind
Didnt work it was working for a year or so and know dosent turn off I was reading in a post that some one Change some transistors indide the board coz the was burn out doyo think its the same as me

So this is what I have done from the first time

I can’t see it in that photo…

If that’s a diode then you’ve done all you can and how the manual recommends you do it.

Yes its a diode but ive Just install it so if I burn something do you think is to late to install it know :woozy_face:

You need it there as recommended by the Ruida manual. However, I ran for almost 2 years without one on each of my solenoids.

My air assist runs a very low pressure to protect the lens, then when a layer with air assist enabled executes the low pressure is bypassed with higher pressure… I use status and wind in combination.

There isn’t much you can do now anyway…

Where did you dig up the transistor for the Ruida?

From here I think youre on it

Iwas updating the firmware and know wind turns on but the light on the selonoide is very dim

But it does the same it wont
turn off

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.