ALARM:2 Out of Bounds

Hi i am having a bit of an issue, Im getting this message:
ALARM:2

G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked. (Right-click the ‘Devices’ button to reset the connection)

On or near line 20:

Job halted.
When this happens my cutting stops about 3/4 way through and will not start again even after switching off and on again after 10 mins. Then try again next day stops at the exact same bit? I have right clicked devices and this hasnt helped either. Thanks for any help

This is telling you that the system was trying to move to the outside of your frame. You are to close to the edges or traveling too fast to allow the system to change directions without hitting the rails.

Share more about what you are trying to accomplish, show some good quality pictures and screen captures, so we can “see” what you do, and we can go from there. :slight_smile:

Its not a neje ive got its an ortur, and the engraving area is 400 x 430 im only trying to cut out a small piece, lightburn is telling me that the cut may be out of bounds quite a few times so i adjust where i put the job, How do i tell lightburn the correct dimensions?

Oh, then you need to update your profile, as this is where I got Neje. I will fix this post.

Please Help Us Keep the Forums Organized and Support Efficient

You can adjust the bed size in LightBurn from the Device Settings window. The “Out of Bounds” can be caused by the speed and amount of overscan set. The laser head needs time to slow for change in direction. This is worth keeping in mind. https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/DeviceSettings.html

And this is also worth review: Coordinates & Origin - LightBurn Software Documentation

Hi, problem solved i think it was the speed i was cutting at 1000 moved down to 500 also adjusted to absolute coords and BINGO it worked thanks for your help. I had neje but unfortuanately the machine did not work properly so changed to ortur master 2 which i think is well worth the extra money, and may i add that lightburn is second to none for use. Also they gave me not just a second but a third free trial as i was having problems with neje. I will defo be buying software once trial ends. Thanks again

1 Like

Profile changed Thanks again

Thank you for this update. Happy to hear you are finding LightBurn useful.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.