Alder wood loves Greyscale

Alder wood Loves Greyscale

2.5 watt Eleksmaker

LightBurn Greyscale

1200 mm/min 20% power 339 DPI

105 x 105 mm 110 minutes

2 Likes

Looks great Bulldog.
I have been so busy on other stuff that I think I will have to google where my power switch is on my laser when I can get back to it.
Have not even turned it on in several weeks.

Very nice. I think alderis less grainy and turns out a better picture.

1 Like

Its just amazing. I am inspired to see how sadly I can even attempt to do any sort of image fill on a Reci W6 CO2 machine. But here it goes. :slight_smile:

We will compare (that is, prove your superiority in this type of work).

Ok, for all of my attempts, I will use the same size and adjust my power and speed accordingly for my machine’s 140 watt tube. Playing around on Chip Board (Ram Board Pro)

Who says grayscale is variable depth with a CO2? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Try 1:

Yeahhhhhh. Almost embarrassed. 7 minutes, 19 seconds. (I’m going to slow it down a bit for try 2 to see if that helps). I hope you don’t mind my attempts using that photo. If you do, let me know and delete I will. But I am serious when I say, I have been watching your work for a while now and it has inspired me to at least make the best of it with this big co2 machine.

Thats why I post the photo I used…so anyone can try

Try 2 - Realizing I can’t come close to the contrast and detail (8:21) -

On my last and final attempt today:

Try 3 on some really light plywood, two passes and some other changes on the settings. So this time 15:06. At least in this final attempt, I speak out for all 100+ Watt CO2 Machines with 4" lenses to say “It may not be beautiful, but do I see shading???”.

Looks pretty good …considering the grain of wood and if you have stock lens best DPI you should be using is 200-250…you may get better results…plus sand plywood with about 220 grit…another ting I found with wood is that I scan AGAINST grain…having said that I also like to have the grain horizontal in photo…SOOO.to do this I place the wood in work surface such that the grain is at 90 degrees to the y gantry…then before I do the engraving I rotate the image 90 degrees in LightBurn

What software did you use to edit?

Sometimes PaintShop Pro 19…sometimes I use LightBurn under shape properties …contrast,gamma,etc…every photo is different…after doing hundreds you soon get the “laser eye” for what it should look like…plus document everything…I take a screen shot print it out and add notes.