Anycubic GRBL - LB Software won't Jog Laser

Hey Ron,
I’m currently in the same boat. Can connect, can jog, can send commands, but the laser doesn’t fire.

Is there any way to get a list of available commands of the machine from the console?

Also, on a side note, can you use the .bmp feature of the Mega Pro? Mine will only print the dinosaur it came with, it won’t laser any of my custom files, even though I stuck to the manual closely (bw bitmap, 1 bit only, windows format)…

Hey Wildfang,

No I can’t see anything through the console. I have TWO cards. One they didn’t even format or load? The first one I got I can only read the files from the computer. The Mega Pro does not see them. Nothing. IT’s probably going back soon.

There customer support is rock bottom as well. Nothing.

Hey Ron,
the Megas are a bit picky with the formatting of the card, try reformatting them in FAT32 for a test. Mine came with only one card, and it prints and reads the files that were on it just fine, but it won’t laser my own images :frowning:
Their customer service is quite good usually, they sent me a replacement for the glass bed without any hassle. But they haven’t answered my question regarding the laser neither, unfortunately. It’s really stupid because I want to engrave my new ukulele but the laser doesn’t want to print my files :confused:

Thanks Wildfang,
I did and that didn’t do me any good.
If you here from them it will be good to get a fix. I’m guessing as stated here we need a “skooch” of Gcode to set it off.

Hopefully soon. Otherwise I have been shopping.

Hello All,

I have exactly the same problem with my Mega Pro. Have also tried it with other laser software and nothing happens. I am on a mack but also tried it on PC. Mac light burn just crashes out and PC says not laser not responding then crashes if you try again. Its clearly an Anycubic issue, Lightburn looks so good Just wish it would work. Me to no reply from Anycubic support. Mine might be going back soon as the need to Cut vectors outweighs my 3D print needs.

Guess we will have a LASER Party when we figure it out! At least they can’t deny its not an issue!

I hope they will reply… As they use Marlin, the possibilities are so broad. Maybe it would help to find out the pin of the plug they put the laser on?

Yeah there on National Holiday until the 9th… so we wait. lol

Hopefully, all will be revealed on there return from holiday

So, any news? I just got a link to a tutorial video about the laser… but that is not my issue… thanks, support.

I got the same email response.

Looks like it was “Lets just send them something”

Funny thing they send me a link for a 3D file. But will this have the code to fire off the laser? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_cCcnX-K0pTi9g16_wAq1aT6vYgjMiMX/view

Hm, that’s a 3d printing gcode. It heats the bed and nozzle, prints a skirt… and then, probably, a dog :slight_smile:

I got sent the dinosaur.bmp again, which will work on my printer, but no other file does, strangely. Sigh.

Yeah, that doesn’t help because it doesn’t fire the laser. I looked at the code and it seems to be pretty standard Marlin, but that doesn’t tell me how the laser is connected to this machine or how it’s controlled.

mega pro here… i got it to work…i cant take credit for it but damnit, it works
Setup the Z-Axis setting

1. Go to the Device Settings
  2. Enable Z axis
  3. Enable Pointer Offset and set it to Y = 80
  4. Add start GCocde “G1 Z50”, this is the focus point of the laser

Setup Laser
The Anycubic uses special Laser commands to turn on the laser:
G6 S0 - 0% laser
G6 S100 - 100% laser

1. Device Settings using M106 M107 control commands
  2. Set S-Value max to 100
  3. save gcode file and open in notepad
  4. Add a G4 P0 (wait 0) before each G6 command, otherwise the command will be executed directly when sent over serial.
  5. Replace M106 with G6 in gcode file
  6. Use “RunGCode” with the file, prepared to use with Anycubic

here is a really simple one i modified to test
; LightBurn 0.9.20
; Marlin device profile, absolute coords
; Bounds: X37 Y54 to X115 Y110

;USER START SCRIPT
G1 Z50
;USER START SCRIPT

G21
G90
; Cut @ 14 mm/sec, 50% power
M8
G4 P0
G6 S0
G0X88 Y134 F0
G0 Z0
; Layer C00
G4 P0
G6 S50
G1X63 F840
G1X89 Y182
G1X103 Y190
G1X115 Y150
G1X85 Y157
G1X56 Y179
G1X37 Y181
G1X45 Y157
M9
G4 P0
G6 S0
G90
; return to user-defined finish pos
G0 X0 Y0 F0

Im assuming there would have to be something added to LB configuration to get those commands sent for the “fire” button, but it looks like all the settings are compiled dll’s :frowning:

OZ … did you see at the bottom of this thread i got it to work

Yup - I’ll bookmark it and will have to make an AnyCubic profile that does the G6 commands. The G4 P0 is strange - you’re saying that the G6 commands are executed immediately, instead of being queued?

2 Likes

I been working on this idea to do a small picture. I started to change all of the M106 to G6, got as far as line 5000 the I realized there are over 70,000 lines of code, has to be a quicker way.

It’s the AnyCubic profile ready? thanxxx

It is way easier to edit the code using notepad ++ and a makro… i do it all the time… just a few clicks and it changes the code for you