Beginner's need help with Laser to Buy

Keep in mind that you have e-Bay and PayPal on your side. Not sure if you used PayPal but they will protect your purchase for defects.

I hope you did t leave feedback yet on your purchase.

Cheers

Sasquatch

i have bought this on Ali from Vevor and payed with Credit Card.
I contact them before i buy, very friendly & helful because no seller wont shipping to Austria.
They shipped them without a Problem.
But I think they don’t want to believe that the tube is broken

Send photos and a video from your phone. Ali also will protect you as well as your credit card company.
You will be alright.

Good Luck

Sasquatch

I’m a little worried that your supplier no longer has any CO2 laser machines for sale. A good advice for future Internet shopping - only with PayPal !!
I still hope that all goes well for you in the end.

no, that’s not true, as usual, vevor still offers co2 lasers.
it does not help me if I pay via paypal if no one delivers to Austria!

ok, it must have been the one day they wrote that the last one was sold. Of course, it is a dilemma if the seller does not accept PP and you want a product, but I cross my fingers.

I thought you bought the machine from that ad in your first post here in the thread. This dealer is still sold out.

no there we talked past each other. nobody wanted to send them to Austria and Vevor Ali helped me so much and they were nice too so I thought it would be ok …

HI Guys!
I want to keep you up to date.
my problem is that my new 60W laser with 20-25% power on the first mirror always has a point with 4 “corners” when testing. the seller always thinks that this is normal because that is too little power for a 60W tube and it is not properly focused!
and now I just found that here in the forum:

Maybe the seller is right?

I have already threatened him with a lawyer and the same, but have now been offered to send the whole machine back. But I would have to pay shipping and I would get a new tube!

and now i think they are right, especially now that i read the post (see above).
What do you think of that?

with 50% power, for example, I have a nice big round burned-in point on the taped mirror 1

KInd Regards from Austria!

20-25% power is “too low”??? And, there is no focus until you get to the head. I have a 100W tube and can go down to 8% to give clean cuts with a dot size of around 0.1mm depending on lens.

But I would have to pay shipping and I would get a new tube!
You get to pay for and go through the hassle of shipping to get what you should have had to begin with?

“If it were me”, and they won’t just send you a new tube, do a charge-back. It’s a lot cheaper than a lawyer. Save that for later. :slight_smile: You’ll either get their attention, or get a free laser machine - and then just buy a new tube. :slight_smile:

I threatened you with a lawyer and then you offered to send the machine back. according to ali express I have to pay the ~ 380 € shipping. and that’s why I get a new one if it’s really broken.

And all the seller has to do is say “Nope. Working correctly.”

1 Like

I’m sorry you have this problem with the new laser, it takes so much of the joy you should have had.
But, what does your laser beam look like when it comes out of the nozzle?
It will be good with some pictures.

1 Like

Hi friend, have you progressed in your laser case?

I got mine… and it broke within 2-3 weeks… it was very frustrating since I thought I do something wrong or problems with focus and such.
This wasn’t the case. Broken tube! The seller first tried to blame me of course.

Eventually they refunded me the cost of a new tube… and I upgraded and bought a bigger tube and no regrets there… but it did take away from the joy of a new toy… err machine.
What I did:
Used paypal and bought from ebay.de
The seller got scared when I used the PayPal protection.
And by the time ran out then refunded me… it only took time… unfortunately.

Hello Bernd!
very friendly that you keep asking how I am
I haven’t seen anything like this in a long time, I’m totally surprised by you here.

So the following …
I will now get a refund of € 180 and first try to learn me into the laser world with this tube.
Today I cleaned up a bit in the office and put the laser in its final place.
In addition, I have upgraded the mA a few days, aligned the bed because it was hanging down a bit on the right, and also raised the LED bar because the head went against it.
Oh yes, I also moved the damper for the lid because here too the damper drove against it.

In the next few days I would like to deal with Find Lightburn and the settings if I can find the time.
So how quickly I cut my poplar plywood 4mm which I have here with how much power and the same for engraving.
Besides, do I want to do it at some point? watch the videos for Lightburn so that I can get a little insight into the function!

Kind Regards from Austria :wink:

Hi Mark,
It’s nice that it’s moving forward. Are you buying a new laser tube? or do you want to try first with the defective? I couldn’t quite figure that out. I’m still interested in what the 4point beam looks like when it comes through the nozzle. Is it at all possible to focus your current laser tube?
Sorry about all the questions, but I think it’s relevant and interesting to many here.
You are right, there are some great videos about Lightburn on the web and you will probably soon make your first small box and engrave a nice picture of the Alps.
Good luck, best regards
Bernd

the 4 point beam is only in very low % power…
so i try to compensate this with speed @ %. someone from an Whatsapp Group will help me with this.

I’m confident at first. even if the cuts may not yet be as thin as with the professionals. I have to work my way into it anyway, so I thought the tube was enough. because it is obviously not completely broken.

I have just engraved and cut my first very simple “VW key chain”. ~ 5x5cm
but I’m done for today. I worked all day to be able to put the laser where I want it. then cleaned up a lot and now my knees hurt * laugh *

I will break up for today;)

How’s your new laser machine / tube, is there anything new?

Hello Bernd!
Thanks for asking.
Since I am always very busy at work and in my private life, unfortunately I rarely come to the laser at the moment.
But I was able to align the bed again and already lasered the first things.
But I also want to learn a lot and I also have to learn Lightburn, learn to find the right settings for all the material.
Even if it is sluggish but it is going ahead!

Kind Regards