Beginner's need help with Laser to Buy

Good Morning!
@Oldtimer thanks for your Answer, that helps me alot!

@bernd.dk Thank you, very kind of you.
It is not often that a newcomer is received so kindly by the community

…there is a difference in forums, here in this forum I have not experienced anything else, everyone is treated very kindly and patiently. And, you asked kindly to get a friendly answer, it’s that easy :wink:

1 Like

Hi Mark. You are welcome. Yes it’s a great forum and one can ask questions, even the “beginner’s” questions. But IMHO that’s what it is all about. And what ever LB still lacks on manuals and documention, we have the forum in the meantime!

1 Like

'm really looking forward to it! Because frankly, there are already a lot of questions in my head, although I only ordered / paid for the laser yesterday and it is not even with me

Which one did you end up getting?

Sas

better you don’t ask ^^
a 60W Vevor CO2 Laser with Ruida Controller.
Shipping is being prepared =)

Congratulations Mark, I will have chosen this machine as well.
I am really excited about how the trade goes and if everything goes well, it could be that I order the same machine from the same dealer, if he delivers to DK. You need to keep us informed :wink:

1 Like

I am afraid that you will hear from me more often because I am still at the beginning and I already have so many questions in my head.
but I like to keep you up to date

the contact at Vevor worked like a charm by ordering! Very friendly and helpful

edit.
if I write nonsense, because of my poor knowledge of english please let me know;)

Your English is GREAT! The machine you chose looks like a winner. Your Ruida controller is a big deal in your purchase.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Sasquatch

1 Like

now we just have to all come from a “corner” and I would even invite you to grill;)
:sweat_smile:

You can post a picture of your grill(BBQ in United States)

That way we can practice social distancing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sasquatch

1 Like

Everything is OK. :+1:
If I may give you some advice, read all about your controller and the use of Lightburn here in the forum, gather all the wood you can find and buy some 3-4mm extra plywood, (there is a lot of difference in plywood!) Install your water cooling, air assistance and exhaust extraction and get started playing and experimenting with your new machine.
Finding out adjusting your focus height, doing ramp tests, finding the right power settings and speeds … It takes some time but you gather experience. That’s what matters and it’s fun.
Have you seen this? https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/index.html

Do you have an air compressor ?, it looks like there is no one with the machine. It is not the most expensive but you need air support.

2 Likes

Hi!

Thanks for the link to the Docu, thats new for me :wink:

Because of the air compressor I actually thought that there was one, but I see that. if necessary, I have a bigger one in the garage but there is no laser … if there is no one I just buy a small one, it shouldn’t fail;)

If you have a compressor and it does not get too loud, it is well ok.
But remember, the electrical starting load of many air compressors is relatively high, if you have the option of connecting it to another fuse group then you will avoid possible controller interruptions.
One of the small Chinese compressors will also be able to handle the task but you still have to encapsulate it and hang it up with rubber straps to avoid noise.

I was thinking of a small pond or aquarium pe?

If you do decide to use your big compressor make sure you put a condensation filter on the air line so that you do not get water in your line and ruin your lens.

Cheers

Sasquatch

thats a very good hint!
The seller informed me that he has shipped today… now i must wait until it arrives :partying_face:

It is something in this direction that I think of, otherwise I also want to remodel an old freezer, this could be a nice little project. :wink:
It is something in this direction that I think of, otherwise I also want to remodel an old freezer, this could be a nice little project.
But right here and now, just use the compressor you already have, but remember dry air filter !!

1 Like

W H A T ? ? ? I CANT HEAR YOU… ITS TOO LOUD! @bernd.dk

There is a separator after the 61 number.
Without “.” - 619 dB, that’s the noise values from my wife when I tell her I need laser no.3

2 Likes