Boss LS-1420 / RDLV-V8.01.67 Z axis not moving up and down. will move on one direction only

I am having a couple of issues, but currently, the Z-axis on my machine will only go up. I did not change any controller setting for the Z-Axis, only changed the X and Y steps to dial in the engraving and cutting measurements

saw this issue (photo attached)

any ideas?

Quick Update I was able to rest the RDVC, not V back to the default setting using the password below. now my Z-axis is working correctly

Default Ruida Password Candidates:

1. RD8888 / rd8888
  2. HF8888 / hf8888
  3. CC8888 / cc8888

I am still trying to figure out the jumping seen in the corner

Check that the laser head is securely mounted to the gantry. Also, see if the lens is loose in the tube. If it’s physically wobbling this could occur.

I double-checked the laser lens and housing tightness. but it did not resolve the issue. how to I check the laser tube lens? i have never done this before

Most of these don’t have a lens in the actual tube. I think @berainlb was referring to the lens in the lens tube…

Not just the lens tube but the head also need not wobble…

This is mechanical. It looks like lose belt(s) to me… but many things in there, any of which could be slightly lose and cause this issue.

From the looks of it, the Y axes has the issue.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I am kinda new at this but I was surprised to hear about a tube lens. I reinstalled the lens and confirmed it was tight. I will look for some loose belts and drive spindles.

my machine wobbles a little at high speeds. could this cause the issue as well, maybe it is my material wobbling. unfortunately, the machine is on casters and doesn’t have a way to level it easily

I do not see the “wobble” at lower speeds.

This is ringing

Looks like your corner… When it changes direction it’s oscillating.

would you consider this a tube about to die or power supply?

The wiggly line, no…

The line doesn’t look too well focused… Have you done a TEM mode or resonance test on it?

Read this thread… and see what you think…

Sing out if you have any questions…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.