Bridge connects to PC, but shows No Laser Connected - Laser Timeout Error

Hi, I have a RDC6445S 50W CO2 machine. I flashed the Bridge image to a Pi4 that I used as a NAS a short while ago, and I can connect it to the network fine.

After setting up the machine IP to the default 10.0.3.3 and connecting it to the Bridge through Ethernet though, the Bridge Discovery Wizard says No Laser Connected.

Here’s the Bridge status page and the relay log

To confirm, you did this on the laser panel, correct?

If you ssh into the Bridge, are you able to ping 10.0.3.3?

Yes, i did that on the Ruida screen.
Haven’t tried ssh. Let me try later today and I will report back.
Any specific command that I should try?

Right now mainly interested to see if the Bridge has connectivity with the laser.

Do you know if the timeout messages in the first post are normal on one of these?

Looks like the machine is repeatably timing out… I don’t know if this is normal or not.

I also thought the status screen indicated the state of the PI → Ruida?

:smile_cat:

Sorry that I took so long to answer back. After finally finding the credentials needed for the ssh, I was just greeted with this screen again. It just asks for the password twice and won’t let me enter any other command. (User: pi, Pass: root)

In my Ruida panel the LAN icon does show a connection. There’s no problems connecting the Pi to the WiFi either. It’s just that the connection between the Ruida and the Pi is timing out.

I’ve tried with a crossover cable too, although there was no difference.

Is there anything like a Ruida emulator to check if the Pi would work with a different machine, and try to pin it down?

Maybe someone with a working bridge could share their relay log to see if timeouts are normal?

I believe you can issue CTRL-C to get out of the dashboard and get to a terminal.

I don’t see the kind of information when I look at my log…

It’s rather long and only a fraction of the whole log, so I packed it up in this txt file… just a flat file…

pi-log.txt (71.6 KB)

I’d figure it was signal strength causing the wifi to drop out… however, after reading it again, it seems to indicate the Ruida is dropping off-line…

Have you tried a cable directly to the Ruida, bypassing the jumper in the cabinet?

:smile_cat:

It Is directly to the Ruida. My cabinet doesn’t even have an external Ethernet port