Bringing back the raspberry pi (not finished)

Its been a while since this post showed how to use lightburn on box64. since then a lot has changed in both lightburn and box64, for one the sign-in is now working properly, but unfortunately lightburn now needs more libraries.

So here I will try to make a practical guide to running lightburn on a raspberry pi.

Step 1: Install box64 from here.
Step 2: Download the Lighburn 7z package and extract it(can be downloaded from here).

Step 3: Download this file and remove the .txt extension and extract it. Then put the libraries in a new directory named “lib2” inside the lightburn directory. Then download this file pulseaudio.tar.gz.txt (202.2 KB) do the same thing with this file wile keeping the directory “pulsaudio” (warning these are binary files I am probably not to be trusted and you should use these with caution).

Step 4: Run lightburn by typing BOX64_ALLOWMISSINGLIBS=1 BOX64_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib2 ./LightBurn in the lightburn directory.

Step 5: Use your registration key to sign in and… you know the rest (note: you will need to close the console window for lightburn to shut down because for some reason box 64 wont shut it down automatically).

We still need to use BOX64_ALLOWMISSINGLIBS=1 because libsystemd.so1 goes
Error: Symbol gcry_md_get_algo_dlen not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716c900 (0x100c0) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_md_close not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716c960 (0x10180) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_md_read not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716c9d0 (0x10260) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_md_open not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716ca20 (0x10300) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_md_write not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716ca40 (0x10340) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_md_setkey not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716cca0 (0x10800) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_md_reset not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716cd48 (0x10950) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_md_ctl not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716ce40 (0x10b40) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_md_copy not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716ce60 (0x10b80) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: Symbol gcry_control not found, cannot apply R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT @0x10716ceb8 (0x10c30) in lib2/libsystemd.so.0
Error: relocating Plt symbols in elf libsystemd.so.0
Error initializing needed lib libsystemd.so.0

If anyone knows how to fix this, it will be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not really up on the PI, but I believe that error is stating you are missing the gcry or the encryption module.

I’m just guessing here, but it seems to fit. All of these error are gcry related.

If this is running in a virtual x86, it should run with a standard Ubuntu/Debian encryption package…?

https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=gcrypt&mode=path&suite=stable&arch=any

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I didn’t realize anyone had attempted to follow the original post to get this working. Glad to know that wasn’t the case.

For the missing libs scenario… the key will be in identifying the specific version of the libsystemd.so.0 file that LightBurn was built with.

What base x64 distribution did you use as the source of the libraries? When I did the original proof of concept I found that an updated Ubuntu 2020-04 had the best matching set of libraries.

the libs given in the previous post were used here as well(using the same link) and seem to be missing a lib (libpulsecommon-13.99.so) and was giving an error because of it. So I looked it up, found a .deb file and extracted it to find the file I needed.

(by the way I’m running this on a pi4 8gig running bullseye over clocked to 2000MHz.)

Then it’s likely that the latest builds were linked against newer revisions of the libraries. If you’re able, I’d suggest trying to pull from Ubuntu 2020.04.06 for all versions of the library.

could some one figure out what version of libs to use now

I’ve put in a bit of work to update against latest LightBurn and Ubuntu updates with several quality of life improvements.

I’ll post an update against the original Topic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.