BSL boards / SeaCAD support in Lightburn

Hello I’m just doing my every other month post on BSL boards and SEACAD support. I know, I know… I think I’m the only one out here that has one. :slight_smile: Oh I sure would love to see it by golly…

David

2 Likes

No you’re not the only one with a Seacad board waiting for Lightburn support. :pensive:

3 Likes

I have one as well. I still do all my imports and edits in lightburn, export it to a file and import to BSL just to burn. I can’t wait until it has lightburn support!

2 Likes

I’m also have one as well. I still do all my imports and edits in lightburn, export it to a file and import to BSL just to burn. I can’t wait until it has lightburn support!

1 Like

I am also waiting for this update

2 Likes

Here and still dreaming of the day Atomstack M4 SeaCAD will be supported!!!

1 Like

Same here Sam. Would love Lightburn support for this machine. SeaCAD is a bear to use on the M4.

Brian

1 Like

Hello,
Je vais bientôt recevoir mon MR.Carve M1 Pro qui est sous Seacad, si je ne me trompe pas.
Mais j’adore utilisé Lightburn et je m’y bien suis familiariser.
On attends tous sur vous l’equipe.
Merci.

Hello,
I will soon receive my MR.Carve M1 Pro which is under Seacad, if I am not mistaken.
But I love using Lightburn and am very familiar with it.
We are all waiting for the team to join you.
THANKS.

I just ordered the Atomstack M4 and would like to be able to use Lightburn on my M2 MacBook Pro. Currently using it for my Neje 3 Max, but want to mark tools and plastics. Will be stuck using Windows and the SeaCAD for the M4 until then. Would be nice to do all my work in one app on one machine.

2 Likes

Same here. SeaCAD can’t even import svg-files. SeaCAD is a pain to use.

1 Like

I also have an Enjoywood Galvo laser using seacad. It would be great to at least here an update on the support status for this. Good or Bad.

1 Like

Definitely not the only one my friend. I’ve been waiting for this to get sorted soon too hopefully… There’s lots of us out here!

+1, count me in :innocent: SeaCAD is a PIA… Would use my Atomstack M4 more and more with LightBurn, is just sitting there collecting dust meanwhile :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would also like to see this as a feature, is the issue that the drivers are just binding to an fpga and you guys don’t have someone on staff accustomed to working with them?
Not being critical or anything, huge fan of lightburn it's a kicking piece of software. I'm just curious since you have galvo support for the other common fiber laser mainboard.

2 Likes

I am also in your situation and would like to be able to use lightburn on my galvo laser as well.

i hope this card will be implemented soon!

Lightburn doesn’t write drivers as far as I know. Most software uses the os to do i/o.

The issue is the control board. The commands are unknown and if the factory doesn’t tell anyone how to use it, it won’t happen or be very difficult to figure out.

If I remember correctly Laserpecker didn’t want to cooperate with Lightburn…

Hang in there… maybe some day.

:smile_cat:

1 Like

It’s being worked on, but we don’t have a timeline yet. We currently have it functional on Windows, but need to go through and find the remaining holes, insure most recent BSL libs, and get it working on Mac and Linux. Then internal testing for release candidate, private beta and then a public testing cycle, all before general release. It’s being worked on, thus far no timeline just yet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s great to hear… Don’t know how much cooperation you get from the manufacturers…

:smile_cat:

1 Like

In this case, we have had some very helpful interactions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, very kind of you to give this information.

As Jack Wilborn says, we hang in there!

meanwhile we use their software which is very poor…
we wait for better times that already for us with windows 11, seem closer.
Thank you all!