Camera centered on bed after installing extension rails

I, hope this is in the right section, if not can a mod please move it.
I am basically having the exact same issue from this thread:
https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/camera-setup-for-x-and-y-axis/76299

His problem was never really got solved and the thread was closed. I’m hoping the dev team has figured out a solution since that thread is a year old.

I currently have an Atomstack x20 pro with the extension rails and the Atomstack camera. Just like the original poster linked above, Lightburn keeps thinking the image is in the middle of the bed, instead of at the 0,0 corner. I cannot raise the camera much higher than the standard installed height because I built a really nice plywood enclosure that is fit into industrial type shelving.

I completely understand that I’m not going to be able to have an image of my whole bed. I just want to be able to use the camera when I mark bottle openers or coasters, and I will only use the bottom half of the bed. I just need Lightburn to understand the camera is over the bottom half, not the middle of the bed.

And new thoughts since the old thread closed? I can provide photos and stuff if needed, but the previous poster did a great job explaining the problem with his drawings and photos.

I may be wrong but thinking through the way the camera alignment process works I don’t believe there’s a way to exclusively only cover the bottom half of the machine.

If you can scale the alignment markers small enough to where you can see all 4 markers from the camera location then that may work for you, if at the cost of worse alignment.

1 Like

I’m no where near a Lightburn master, but was just thinking can I keep a 2nd device setup with the working size set back to the stock 400x400, and just switch to that device when I want to use the camera?

Conceptually I think that would work. Or at least I can’t think of any reason why it wouldn’t since you’re working from the half of the frame closer to origin.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.