Camera selection causing crash

I purchased and use one of the lighburn cameras. I tend to leave lightburn open and, when I plug the camera in and make any camera selection (no camera, FaceTime camera, or Lightburn camera), Lightburn crashes.

Do I need to close and reopen Lightburn every time I leave the laser and come back?

Why are you not just leaving the camera plugged in?

Because it’s a laptop.

So it’s not kept at the laser all the time?

Yep. It’s in my bag or at my desk unless I’m actually running a project.

Well it’s probably a bug that can be fixed. Until that happens though, it’s probably best to close LB then unplug the camera. Then plug the camera back in before loading LB.

I get there’s a workaround. Is there a better place to post so it gets noticed/diagnosed/fixed as a bug?

@LightBurn Fix this. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

This entire forum is monitored by LightBurn support staff and the development team and we are very active and respond very frequently. The word “crash” or “closed unexpectedly” gets our attention quickly. Thank you for reporting any issue you are having.

Did you get any crash report presented when this happens? We want to see any report when this happens so please include when reporting.

I see Ruida listed in your profile which is helpful, but we are also going to need any other information that will help us reproduce here so we can track down and fix. More, in this case, is better.

Which OS and version number, Which version of LightBurn?

Sorry - I didn’t see a notification for this. I never receive a crash report when Lightburn unexpectedly closes.

I’m on OSX 10.15.3
Lightburn 0.9.11

No worries, let’s get this sorted. I have logged this in our tracking system and the team will take a look. I will point to this post for details. Anything further you can provide to help us reproduce welcome.

Thank you again for reporting this and helping to support the best LightBurn we can produce.

1 Like