Cameras are back in stock

So some shims to remove side to side movement of the lid, coupled with those struts, should have the same effect, shouldn’t it? I guess special hinges sounds like an extra, unnecessary step.

1 Like

The issue is the play of the pins that are on the lid inside the drill holes on the machine. too much play and the spring pins on the lid are not solid, that is to say the least. there is so much play that when the lid is wide open you can move the lid back and forth like 20mm or so (the small play those hinges have are multiplied big time. there is no play to the sides as the shims i added are doing a good job in keeping the lid from sliding to the sides.

Ah, I see. I’ll have to check mine on the red/black but I’ve never had any real issues. I can’t think of an easy fix for that either.

I agree. no easy fix.

Just came up with an idea to 3D print a nut-mount and a bolt mount and use a bolt to tighten the lid to the frame which will act as a friction hinge. this should be fairly easy to try out and i think a good 4/5mm bolt with nylock nuts (one on lid, the other on the frame) might do the trick.

Silly me. Why print if i can cut?
We’ll see…

1 Like

Boss LS 1420 what degree camera?

Just giving you some inspiration what I’ve done to my laser (I hacksawed the pins off, bought the hinges, rubber magnet feet and round magnets on Ali and the rest in a local hardware store and some 3d printing) Accuracy is within 1mm.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. this is exactly as i have envisioned this based on what was suggested in this thread. since I already installed a lid travel limiter in the form of a gas strut i would like to give my idea of replacing these lousy cheap hinges with 4mm bolts and nylock nuts a go. if all goes according to plan - good. if not - i will consider your solution.

thx.

The 60 is the common choice for others with this same machine.

Any idea on if, or when, you will get the mounts for the 8MP camera back in stock too?

They were in stock, but apparently sold out. I’ll be printing more, so check back daily - it’ll take a day or two to get another batch done.

Edit: I lied - We have 5 of them that weren’t counted and added to stock. I’ve fixed this, so you can order now if you like.

1 Like

Thunder Laser Nova 24 should use which model of camera?

Nooooo out of stock…when do u think it’ll be back in stock?

Order was placed just after the last one arrived, so hopefully early May. And I ordered about 2.5x what I normally do this time, so we should hopefully have higher stock levels in general.

2 Likes

Any way to preorder, or have a “notify us” function on those cam? :slight_smile:

I get asked this quite a bit, but no, we don’t have that. I could allow back-orders, but:

• I don’t like holding people’s money

• It complicates fulfilling orders because we’d have to check stock for everything before printing shipping labels

I’ll post again here on the forum when they’re back in stock.

2 Likes

ok great. Making sure i get email notice on this.

You could probably set up a free mailchimp account with up to 1000 contacts. Let people sign up on the mailing list for notice of back in stock. You’ll notify all the people right away and a ton of order in right away.