CAMFive Lasesr CLF-CMA 1080K

Hey does anybody have a CAMFive CMA1080K Laser? I am pretty sure its the first controller. It’s a 130 Watt Laser that I purchased new in 2012. The SmartCarve is not so smart and losing part layouts so I really want to use LightBurn.

I’ve tried Rudia controllers but no luck. Smart Carve sometimes works but I have to keep installing the USB driver. Very fustrating and trying to get Christmas stuff done.

Can anybody help in getting LightBurn talking to CAMFive?

Thank you all in advance

I am in the same boat! I called CAMfive yesterday and they weren’t any help. I apparently have the 5th controller but that means nothing to me. I despise SmartCarve! It is cumbersome, buggy, and is just a pain to use. If you happen to figure something out, please update here and let me know. I’ll do the same.

Here is another thread that I found. It looks like you might have to upgrade controllers if you want to use anything but SmartCarve.

@Foxxr With a fifth controller, you should be able to use LightBurn I believe. Post a pic of the controller mounted inside the machine to Verify, but I believe you should be OK. The later CamFive controllers, which I believe started at Fifth were a Ruida controller running custom firmware that makes it talk to SmartCarve and not RDWorks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.