Can i import or view config/settings file from old mac?

can I import my settings or configuration file from my old Mac to my new one? That way I save myself a lot of trouble.

Yes, you can. Here is the first link I get from searching “move pref”:

Actually I think the only thing I got configured that id like to get is the grbl settings. Are those stored in a file as well? Where would I find that in a mac installation?

Those should be stored on the controller, I believe. You can open LB and go to your console, and type $$ and it should print them all out for you.

oh i thought those were stored on the software

I’m not 100%, as I don’t have any GRBL machines, but I believe they’re all stored right on the controller.

oh ok so the only thing i would have to control on the new software install would the the origin (front rear left right) and the workspace size, right?

1 Like

Yes, your grbl settings are saved on the controller. The other file / things to consider when moving to a new system, any LightBurn Materials Library (.clb) files you may have created along with any of the fonts you want.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.