Canadian suggestions for air assist compressor/pump - Ortur Laser master2 pro

My options are limited for this. Short of buying a pancake compressor ($200 min here) I’m looking for something someone has tested and likely available on Amazon.ca

I bought an airbrush compressor but it would always have been on and stated on the label that it could only be on for 30 mins continuous run time. My burns can take over 30 mins for fun and I wouldn’t want to be switching on and off all the time.

Perhaps pancake is my option, I also have 2 26gal. tanks outside in my garage, but didn’t feel like fishing that through my ductwork to get to my basement.

Thanks for any thoughts
Craig

Instead of retyping the information I will provide a link to another thread that I explained what I use.

In short I use an aquarium pump.

2 Likes

I have a larger aquarium air pump that’s silent for my diode. They’ll cost you about $60 for a 250 GPH flow one. You can get a noisier 1240 GPH flow pump but mounted with rubber mounts it’ll be very quiet for about or less than that.

There’s this option as well.

In short you need about 250 GPH for smoke and debris removal, for cutting you want at least 800 GPH if you can afford it, have the room etc.

1 Like

Thank you both, can either of you send a US link to the models you own? The aquarium pumps I see on Amazon here have some up and down ratings… the US site usually has more visitors too so more reviews

I have this exact model. But depending on the nozzles it might be too weak. I plugged and drilled the nozzles so more pressure= faster flow for better cutting. I’d highly suggest a pump in the 500+GPH for all around.

This model on good rubber mounts is very quiet and basically what came with my CO2 laser. :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

This is the model I used. I plumbed all 4 outlets into one and am happy with it for a 20W diode laser. I like the variable flow rate so I can adjust the flow for whatever project I’m doing. Some materials more air is not a good thing,

1 Like

This may be useless, is it ‘off the list’ if it’s from California? I will probably purchase this one in the next few weeks. It seems to be a popular one for laser use. I have a harbor freight that is so noisy I can’t think…

:smiley_cat:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

1 Like