Cannot Complete Camera Alignment on Gweike Cloud Pro II 55w

I followed the updated guide for Gweike Cloud devices, and things were going alright until I tried Camera Alignment. I keep getting a big red button.

Moving the z-axis was a little tricky, but I did move the z-axis to 14mm and move the position more towards the middle, but that did not help.

I put paper on a 3mm basswood board and set the speed to 500mm/s and power to 15% per their recommendations for paper. So I set material thickness to 3mm. Then I moved the position closer and used the frame command to check the postion. The frame works and looks good, but I cannot start the burn.

Also, the Move panel does not have a Z-axis setting. I was able to figure out how to do it using a Saved Position and enabling Z, but I can only directly edit the X and Y in the Move panel. Z is missing even though it’s enabled

Anyone have any idea what could be the problem here? The z-axis thing just looks like a bug, I’m more interested in being able to finish Camera Alignment.

Move-No-Z-Axis

Z-control-enabled

What happens when you start the job? You click the button and then nothing happens, or something else?

If it’s just not starting, what I suspect could be happening is that your laser does not have enough room to make overscanning moves given the location of the target markers at 500 mm/sec speed. Most lasers with the same controller as the Cloud would give you an error message telling you so, but since the Cloud doesn’t have a display, it just doesn’t start.

Try slowing down the speed you’re running the target marker engraving at — you might need to lower power or change material to compensate. You could also try reducing the scale of the target marker engraving, but you will get the best results running it at the maximum scale your laser’s workspace can accommodate.

CamAlign03

There is no Z field for Move to Position because it’s not common to command the Z axis to a specific coordinate. Most lasers either have no Z axis, auto-focus to the top of material, or automatically move to the correct position based on material height entered.

To use that last option, you’ll need to disable Relative z moves only in your Device Settings.

We’ve got a write up on using the Gweike Cloud with LightBurn here: How to use Gweike Cloud with LightBurn + tips, tricks & FAQ

Thanks, but the main problem was a new user error on my part. For anyone else who runs into this, when connecting to Gweike Cloud app in attempt to see an error it simply says “Smoke Error”. Apparently it’s a common problem for new owners who didn’t see the little jumper plug you have to install in the back. Once I installed that, I was able to burn and finish alignment.

1 Like

Good to know — thanks for sharing!

same happened when I set mine up, also you need to turn the beam attenuator to high or it lacks power