Can't import the Xtool lbdev file to Lightburn

Hello everyone, I have just purchased an Xtool D1 pro 20w and of course the Lightburn software. Now I have downloaded the xTool-D1ProV3.lbdev file as indicated on the Xtool site, but when I want to import it into Lightburn it does not work.
I can find the file but cannot select it (greyed out) and consequently cannot import it. I am using a Macbook Pro running Mojave.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?

For some reason the file you downloaded has a .txt extension. It should have a .lbdev extension for it be considered a valid LightBurn device configuration file.

Rename the file in Finder or otherwise and try importing again.

If you’re using 1.3.01, you shouldn’t need to import the profile any more - LightBurn should be able to find the XTool and will create the proper profile for it.

1 Like

I downloaded this from Xtool’s website like this. I changed the .txt extension in Finder and still I can’t select it.

I am using the latest version but still it does not find the laser. It scans briefly and then I get a blank list.

Make sure that Finder is configured to show you the actual file extension:
Show or hide filename extensions on Mac - Apple Support

How exactly did you download the file?
https://support.xtool.com/hc/article_attachments/7316804567447/xTool-D1ProV3.lbdev

It was the right file I had downloaded, but the extension (.txt) was indeed the problem. I followed your recommendations and definitely this one to go look at the Apple Support link on how to change the extension. When I did this I was even asked if I was sure to transfer the txt file to an lbdev file and once that was accepted then it was solved. I then followed the steps to import the file and this went off without a hitch.

Thanks again for the support and the solution provided berainlb :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.