Can't regain focus

Hello All,
Everything was working fine, I was cutting and engraving lots of things for Christmas. Then suddenly, I started a new project and everything was out of focus. My lines were dark and thick and taking far too many passes to cut through the 1/4" ply I work with. I’ve removed and cleaned the focusable lens several times and tried all of the usual methods though to me on the forum to bring it back into focus. Could the diode be failing and how can I tell, or does the lens need replacing? I think I have a spare lens (at least it looks like it could be one that came with the laser). If anyone wants to chime in with possibilities, I would be so grateful. I have Christmas orders to fill and don’t want to disappoint my Customers. Thanks in advance.

To clarify - you are unable to focus the laser ? If so the fault must be in the lens.

After cleaning the lens, does it look clean? If so it must be an other part of the laser unit.

Have you updated the software? then some settings could have been changed ?

I have no answers, only speculations :slight_smile:

i have the same problem, did you find the solution?

[image]

Thank you for your post, but you are not telling us much we can work with. Please provide further information following this format, and we can go from there. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.