Change so parts of Algerian text are cut and some are engraved

I would like to have the main parts of the Algerian text cut out, but then the little accents to be engraved

That is what the text looks like. More specifically I would like the E to have the little parts that I lined off to be engraved and not cut out with the main portion of the E.

I really hope I am explaining this clearly. If not, just say so and I will make a color coded version! Thank you in advance for your help!

I think you must convert your text to path. Then ungroup everything. You can then select the parts you want to cut, and assign them a cut layer, and the others parts, assign another layer (line with less power / higher speed, for example).

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for the tip. However, I am still a bit new and I still have an issue.

So, the E there in that picture I need to et the left little accent separate. When I try to trim it kinda breaks bad.

That goes to this:

This is what I am looking to get in the end.

Node editing tool. You have to separate these from the main letter bodies.

E-Font

Well, yes. But HOW do I do that? That is the question. =) What button do I press? What tool? What command? I can use the node editing tool, but all that does as far as I can tell, is allow me to move them. Not delete them. Not add more. Not create midpoints or trim or anything.

It can do all that and more. Here is a good place to start your journey to Nirvana.

Node Editing is something you have to practice on.

Thanks for that link! I appreciate it. I also just looked up a tutorial on YouTube that is doing a pretty good job of explaining it. Just lots of hotkeys I did not know about!

Yeah, I never got into that HotKeys thing. New keysets for every program, but one mouse does it all.

Hover your cursor over the various tool icons and buttons. Many have extremely helpful tooltips popups.

Also, pressing F1 while hovering the mouse over some items will show you help for that item. Otherwise, pressing F1 will bring up the Help & Notes dialog window.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.