Chinese CO2 Laser Engrave and cut very slow

Recently I bought a Chinese 100 W laser ( China CNCzone XB-1040 100W CO2 Laser Engraving Cutting Machine) and previously I had a K40 laser using K40 Whisperer, also now used on this 100W Laser.
The problem is that when I command the laser to move up, down, left, right , it does it right and moving speed seems ok, but when I try to engrave or cut…it moves really slow.
I found out a similar topic with the same problem but I don’t know if he managed to solve the problem.
The topic is : Chinese Co2 laser Speed for cutting and engraving is very slow after changing the tube and power supply
" But if i will command to cut or engrave from the computer connected to ethernet or usb cable the speed is very slow.
the normal speed that i am using is from 1-100mm/s. Now i am using 500mm/s but the output speed is like 1mm/s even"
I have exactly the same problem as fmchaur
I am new on this forum and I don’t know how to message a user…so I created this post hoping that I’ll solve the problem.

Are you using minimum/maximum power settings?

Might want to Edit → Machine settings and see if it looks ok. There are maximum speed limits within the Ruida configuration.

Before modifying anything in the machine settings, save the file as the original in case you goof up…

You can post screen shots of these and we’ll look at them…

Do you have a .lbrn2 project file that does this… If you can post it, we can at least look over it …

Good luck

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Hello, Thank you for your reply.
I found the problem in K40 Whisperer, laser doesn’t have Ruida.
I k40 i forgot to select the board type that was a B1 and was already preset to Nano 2.
It works fine now.

Glad you got it figured out and advised us on the fix…

May want you update your profile…

Have fun

:smile_cat: