Chuck Rotary Setup - Steps Per Rotation Changes with object size

Hi There,
I searched a lot of similar posts before posting this, and found similar topics, but I haven’t been able to resolve my issue. Hoping one of you helpful people might be able to assist me.

I have an OMTech 50w CO2 and an Omtech chuck rotary system. I’ve successfully engraved several steel tumblers, but noticed that when I change my object diameter/circumference in the rotary setup, the steps per rotation need to be changed as well.

It’s my understanding that the object size shouldn’t affect whether or not the rotary chuck does a complete turn or not, - so the steps per rotation would remain the same from project to project, is that correct?

When I’m in rotary setup, and have an object with a 280mm circumference, I enter 8500 steps per rotation for the chuck to do one complete spin. However, when I change the circumference to 200mm and run a test with 8500 steps per rotation, it does about 1.5 rotations.

Does someone know what I’m missing? Or is my chuck rotary just different than others I’m reading/researching?

This is the procedure. It covers wheeled, if I remember correctly, so you wouldn’t have a ratio to contend with. The test button on the gui should rotate the chuck 1 complete rotation and back. Use the chuck diameter for setup…

If you have issues, sing out…

:smile_cat:

Appreciate the quick reply! I thought I tried this, but I will go back and go through the steps tonight. Thanks!

There’s no magic here, they all work, basically, the same way…

Good luck

:smile_cat: