CIRCLES wont lining up

I am new to all this and saw there are other post for the same issue, but I cannot figure out how/what to adjust to make my circles close. it’s worse the faster the laser goes which makes me think it’s something hardware throwing it off. I added the quick adjustment for the focal point, and it said it needs to adjust the maximum x-axis speed and the $262 setting, but I cannot find that in the lightburn software.

i got help with making the settings adjustment, still curious about how to get these cirlces and stuff to line up.

This is most likely mechanical.

2 things:

1. triple-check your belt tension across all belts. They should be taught with no visible slack but not stretched. Once done, the laser head should be able to move about smoothly to all corners of the machine
  2. it’s possible that the pinion is loose on the stepper motor. Make sure there’s no slip there. Tighten the grub screw if there’s any movement.
1 Like

what is the grub screw?

i did the “tilt” test, and it goes forwards and backwards easily, but it does not go left/right when I tilt it to about 45 degrees.

The circled item is the grub screw. It’s meant to secure the pinion to the stepper shaft.

Check by hand if it moves freely. If it’s not difficult to move then it’s probably okay. However, if you feel resistance then make sure that the wheels are not on too tightly and that the belts are not over tightened.

1 Like