Command line interface problems

I’ve just installed the lightburn program and i’m having a project, where i need to run the program with digital inputs from siemens controller.

We decided that the best way to do it is with cmd.
I’ve noticed this post Launch LightBurn and Load Files into LightBurn using Command Line Interface - #2 by LightBurn
And managed to start the software with SendUDP.exe, however i dont know how to get it to open the correct file i want to engrave.
Also i didnt notice if there is a way to also auto-start the engraving when the software/file open.

Thank you for any help/advice

The Python interface file attached in that topic includes code that will import a file and run it. (SendUDP also does this, if you specify the file to load as an argument)

I’ve updated the python script attached to the above FAQ entry to include the ‘START’ command (which is now supported)

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, could you please explain, how to specify the argument in SendUDP?

Also, where do i put the python code/ where do i run it?

With SendUDP, you just follow it with the name of the file to load, like this:

SendUDP MyProject.lbrn

For the Python code, you would need to integrate the contents of the example script with something else. It’s not meant to be stand-alone, just an example to show how the UDP commands are used. If you aren’t familiar with Python programming / scripting, you’ll need to have someone help you set that up.

I managed to open/load file with SendUDP (just like you said). Is there any option for me to start the laser with SendUDP, or do I have to run the Python code?

SendUDP does not have any option to start the file unfortunately - you’d have to use the Python code.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.