Confirmation of compatibility wanted (24V 3A power supply for Ortur)

Hi all,
will the product at the link below be suitable to work with my Ortur Laser Master Pro 2 machine? The supplied one is faulty and I cannot find a direct replacement. (I’ve not engraved anything yet either)

Thank you
Mike

How I do it is a look at the label on the original in hand or from photos from manufacturer and compare the two. You look at the OUTPUT for Voltage rating and for Current rating. Next you look at the diagram on the label which shows the electrical polarity of the connector. Most often they will show a - sign pointing to the outside of a dot-inside-circle image which indicates the outside metal ring is negative and there will be a + sign pointing to the inner dot which means the center of the connector is positive. YMMV so just look at the two and compare.

So YOU can figure 99% of this out yourself just by looking at the label of your existing unit. As for the diameter of the plug, you can take a guess and if you’re wrong, just cut off the old connector and cut off the new connector and connect the original to the new power supply and Bob’s your Uncle.

Spend <$20 and buy a digital caliper. Then you can just measure it.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

1 Like

@DougL Sorry my bad, I forgot to add the photo of the Ortur plug.

The only difference I see is the Ortur one is 2A and the Amazon one is 3A and that’s the crux of the question.

@jkwilborn Yeah, done that, with them all good in that department. Thank you

your electronics will only draw as much power as is needed… but if you give it too much voltage it can harm the electronics so as long as the TYPE of power( DC vs AC ) provided matches voltage, having a higher current rating will not harm it and will likely mean the power supply runs cooler and is less likely to fail. Ortur probably skimped and provided a PS which was running at its maximum during some operations. So going to a 3A PS is a good move.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.