Connecting via network

I have connected the network cable and set the IP address. I am on a 10. network using a /22 subnet. I am able to ping the ip address that I have assigned to the cutter (Orion Tech 50w). I added the printer manually through lightburn but it is showing as disconnected. I exited out of lightburn and power cycled the cutter with no luck.

Any suggestions on what I should check next?

Thanks much!

1 Like

Welcome and thanks for the post. Have you had a chance to review this post?

Hmmm, the only thing I hadn’t done was set it as the default. I’ll give that a try and hope that gets it to connect. Thanks!

Provide an update of your results when you can, and we can go from there. :slight_smile:

No luck. It says LAN on the controller and I can ping. I just tried setting the machine to the default on my laptop. Closed out of the program and went back in. It still shows Disconnected.

I’m sure you thought of this, but make sure you’re actually pinging the laser and there isn’t something else that has that IP. Unplug the cable, ping it again, and see if you get a reply. Possible you assigned it an address in the DHCP range.

If the laser is on a different subnet within the network, I’m not sure it will work. Ruida’s networking feels like they took a few shortcuts. If you can run a cable from the PC to the laser, or via a single hop through a switch or router, that’s the best option.

Tested and it’s for sure the laser.

It’s the same subnet, but not one that is typically used. I suppose something weird could be going on there. I’ll fire up a spare router and try a simple network with just the laser and laptop plugged in.

You should be able to run the wire directly from the computer to the laser - the Mac will auto-configure itself as a crossover. I haven’t done this myself, but I know others who have.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.