Creality CV-30 Laser Falcon

-rw-rw-r-- 1 jack jack   321714 May 28 10:27 647a8e5a3ec70cc57dae84a06767b2f5.zip
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jack jack 67199745 May 28 10:27 909f250a76d305fe1e83aef541e3e7f0.zip

One is 321kB, the other is 67mB.?

:smile_cat:

Well done getting it sorted out.

I had a generally positive impression of Creality before based on their 3D printers but their documentation and website organization are legitimately awful. I looked at the content of those firmware files and it’s also a garbled mess. Looks like a dump of one developer’s random working folder.

Based on the content of the larger file it looks like it’s not just a firmware file. It includes tools and content to do an entire reflash of the ESP32 including bootloader.

Smaller of the two is the firmware file - presumably English. The other file - might be a complete reflash, but has Chinese characters in the filename. Just use the smaller one. Unzip it and you’ll find the filename I mentioned. If you don’t - that’s the wrong file - but the size looks about right for the .zip

Should be CV-30_V3.0.20_20220427.bin with a 5/9/2022 date on it, and ~539KB

Yeah - I’ve got an Ender 3V2. Basically - things get to a certain price, and I’ll ‘strike’ on buying it. I’d gotten the Creality Ender 3V2 - thought I’d stick with the brand. I’ve tried to follow on the DIY route before, and it always seems you can’t find the exact right parts/versions/etc. and I don’t get the correct results.

The unit looks ok - fairly solid for what it is (I still need to get it REALLY squared up, and do more than paper shims to level it…) but the docs are virtually non-existant, and you hit the nail on the head with the website. Looks like someone ate alphabet soup and threw up on a disk platter, and that became the website. Pics look nice, but trying to find useful information is a joke.

And - 4 burns so far. Learning a lot from YT vids - more ideas than I ever really thought at the onset of buying it. Just testing one thing at a time, etc. and need to make notes and some 8x10 color glossies with Officer Obie… (from Alice’s Restaurant)

jkwilborn - I’ll assume you are new - I ain’t much newer, but have learned a couple things:

If you’re burning pics on wood (that’s what I’m starting with - after one of the sample files on the microSD card) - use Imagr https://www.imag-r.com to upload and process the file - use the “Norton - Wood” material, download it, stick it in LB.

I am trying to find just the right settings, but I believe they will be around 45mm/sec at 70% power. BE SURE TO ADD THE SHAPE MENU (Window->Shape), and then select the slider to turn ON “Passthrough”. It’s ready to burn - you don’t want it overprocessed by LB. I’ve changed nothing else at this point, looks decent on these bits of wood I got from Hobby Lobby.

I’m going to go out and get some borax, make a borax solution to stabilize the wood, and change the chemistry a bit at the top layer. Saw that - forgot that’s been used in woodworking for years to get a more even finish on these light woods (basswood, linwood, etc). Anyway - that borax solution seems to help get a better result.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.