Creality Falcon shutting off Mid-Burn

I have just received a creality Falcon 10w machine and whilst it might not be the same as with just the module but I found a post elsewhere that suggested disabling the option for ‘USB selective suspend setting’ if you are using windows.

Open search> type ‘edit power plan’>Click advanced>press the + icon next to the USB option> Click on each of the options and select disable.

I have had no issues since I followed this advice…Good luck!!

1 Like

I recently got a Falcon 10W and it was always disconnecting mid-burn.

I tried grounding everything, still was disconnecting. I check the G-code and the issue was always happening at an S0 (closing the laser) command before a G0 (fast travel) command.

What fixed my issue: Reducing the fast travel speed from 10000 mm/min to 1000 mm/min. I think that the Falcon board can’t handle the inductance from fast accelerations and decelerations.

As of now, I haven’t experienced any issues since.

PS : I also think that grounding every axis to prevent static build up is beneficial.

2 Likes

Also, I changed the acceleration parameters to 100 mm/sec^2.

2 Likes

The Creality Falcon engravers are GRBL devices.

The Ender 3 v2 with the Falcon laser Module in the (previous) first post would be a Marlin device. It’s still GCode but these are different enough topics that I should split them.

This is definitely a good thing to check. The user eliminated the USB connection by working from the on-board SD card so this shouldn’t be the cause.

This is a very solid indicator… It may be worth the effort to test with a more robust power supply. You may find the equipment draws too much ‘inrush’ current or makes the power supply noisily scream for mercy at the previously demanded load.

Great find!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.