👀 Create awesome graphics for FREE using AI for laser engraving

Long time MIA on this forum my laser friends but Sasquatch is BACK with useful information for your laser journey.

Here is a very good breakdown video tutorial on how to use FREE AI software to generate images that your laser will easily engrave.

This video will teach you how to:

→ ask AI to generate images for you

→ suggested search terms to use to filter the type of image it generates that makes it laser friendly

→ turn your graphic file into an SVG with free software

→ enlarge a small image to a large image without losing resolution with free and paid software

:memo: YOU WILL WANT TO TAKE NOTES :memo: .

This tutorial was published before Microsoft Bing AI image generator was released. In my humble opinion the Bing AI called DAL-E is better than the one suggested in this video.

Cheers :beers:

Sas

https://youtu.be/6EKun3UyuuI?si=sQ3zWFjQ3WMjXtxt

2 Likes

Teaching AI to be creative. How can that go wrong?

1 Like

Have you tried using AI for image generation? It will blow your mind.

I have not. I have seen some results and agree it’s extremely impressive.

I still have a fundamental aversion to AI. Call me a Luddite.

Definitely something to try.
Thanks for share!

Has anyone got any recommendations for a.i engines for laser engraving? What about this one ? Ai laser engraved images

All illustrators and artists despise AI-generated images.
Partly because they are generally flawed, like this lion missing the whiskers on the left of the images.
Mostly because these AI are trained on images stolen from artists without their consent, and of course without compensation. So they can parody the style from an artist, or do mashup of several artists’ styles. It is unfair and on the verge of being illegal (might be someday…).
And beside, it takes away work from them, as we see some editors using AI-generated book covers instead of paying an human to do them, etc.

Personally, if a laser manufacturer promotes using AI in their software, it is a red flag for me.

Obviously, you do whatever you want, I just wanted to make this heads up…

1 Like

Now i am more aware how AI works. :+1:

So I figured it would be interesting to try making similar line drawings.

The prompt “pileated woodpecker line drawing, monochrome, on tree”:

Well, pileated woodpeckers don’t look like that, it’s not a “line drawing”, and there’s that splash of red.

So. Many. Feet.

A pair of phoebes have been catching insects across the back yard, so I tried “phoebe sketch, black and white, detailed, full frame”:

Uh, nice sketch. Wrong phoebe.

Let’s shove it birdward with “phoebe bird sketch, black and white, detailed, full frame”:

At least it looks like a bird, if not a phoebe, but I didn’t know birds could stand cross-legged like that.

Admittedly, they’re better drawings than I could make.

1 Like

Yes. The results are admittedly good looking, but they show the AI doesn’t know at all what it draws, ie. it has no concept of perspective, volume, structure, etc.
See the many feet (too many fingers is common too), the hair shadow on the cheek without hair at this place, the crossed feet, etc.
As said, it makes collages out of billions of images stolen on Internet, based on context of these images (a bit like when you google an image, it knows what an image represents based on surrounding text, perhaps image name, etc.).