Creating a gradient chart- Bug?

I need to make a simple gradient chart. I know about this one already:

But, I respectfully disagree with how this is built. I need this as Image, NOT a Fill. My point isn’t to get into a deep technical discussion of “why” here, just the “how”?

At first I assumed we can just make an array of rectangles, Fill each one at a particular % power, and Convert to Bitmap with Use Cut Settings. This does create a bitmap- but, they’re all showing up as the same gray, it appears to default to 20% even though no Layer uses that %.

How can I create objects, Fill, and Convert to Bitmap with an arbitrary grayscale value?

In short, you can’t, at least in LightBurn. You would need to what you’re trying to in a paint program.

Have you looked here? It will generate, what I think you are after. May not do your ‘graphic’ but it has one. Take a couple of minutes and check it out.

https://www.o2creative.co.nz/laser/lightburn_engrave_image_power_generator.php

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

Close!! But the squares should not be a gradient (nor “eye”). I just need solid squares of a particular shade of gray (10%, 20%… 100%)

I found the Interval Test makes rectangles, but then they are only Fill, not Image.

Just thought I’d post it. It’s the closest I’ve found. I think I was trying the same thing and ended up with an eye.

There are other options from the menu on the left. One maybe the engraving test that produces dots.

Click through them…

Good luck

:smiley_cat:

Not something that LightBurn is designed for but fairly trivial in any paint or drawing application. Is this what you had in mind?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.