Cut by Group in Optimizer

Hello all, This is my first post, so take it easy on me.

I have recently switched to LightBurn from another application and have a quick question.

I have a simple “coin” project with multiple layers; a image, a scan, a vector cut then the outside cut. What I want to do is a simple step and repeat operation with each coin being cut all layers then move to the next and repeat. This would insure good positional accuracy on each piece.

I put all the single coin objects into a group, then used the array tool to create multiple coins in rows and columns. I have the layers set to the correct order to insure the outside cut is last.

I have changed/played with the optimizer and removed everything except “order by group”. This does not have the expected results. The order in the simulator is a bit random, but all across the array of coins, then does the outside cuts last on each coin.

Am I missing something?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I am sure this type of operation is done quite often.

I have a heavily modified 80W machine that does a great cutting and engraving when I do my job and lay it out correctly.

Have you had a chance to review this?