Cut halts mid-cut

I have an OLM3 with the Ortur 400 x 850 extension and am having problems with the machine stopping mid-cut. The part that I’m cutting is well within the cut area but I get the following when it stops:

“G-code motion target exceeds machine travel. Machine position safely retained. Alarm may be unlocked. (Right-click the ‘Devices’ button to reset the connection)
On or near line 183:”

I’ve tried several different files (all in DXF format) and have been running into the same problem. The last time I was able to cut the part the first time and it faulted when I tried to cut the second time without changing anything. Any suggestions as to what to do? Getting really frustrated.

Is it within the ‘old’ (before extension) cutting area or the ‘new’ (after extension) cutting area.

I suspect you need the same solution as this post - Ortur Laser Master 2 Extension detection - LightBurn Hardware Compatibility / Ortur Lasers - LightBurn Software Forum

Thank you, I’ll give that a try. I have been able to frame all of the items and what really confuses me is that I cut properly once and then halted on the next attempts.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.