Enlarging my Ortur workspace

Far from it, but ok. Have a good day.

You clarified the issue, good job. You did the right thing, we are hear to get information from each other and to learn… We are all lost if the communications break down…

Look at our Congress… :sob:

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

That’s a very different story and we should never engage in politics in the forum. Never a good mix. We are here to learn and this website should be and remain off limits to controversial topics in my opinion. It’s just too loaded and it’s international.

@Cowski Also to clarify, the $$ commands @berainlb gave you need to be input in the command console of LightBurn.

1 Like

@Cowski For clarity, the Console that @LaserWillie is referring to is found on the right side of the UI. You’ll have to choose the tab.

You can find more information about Common GRBL setups on the LightBurn documentation site:
Common Grbl Setups - LightBurn Software Documentation

Let us know how this works for you. Good luck on the modification.

2 Likes

Once I got lightburn, I though I only used the ‘Edit → Machine Settings’ to manipulate/save them…

1 Like

Ahh… Could very well be. I’ve never used that approach and I’m not connected to my laser to check.

Putting this here for reference:
Machine Settings - LightBurn Software Documentation

1 Like

You definitely have to increase the limit in the firmware, not just LightBurn. The firmware prevents you from going too far by limiting movements to inside the space it thinks it has available.

FWIW, that expansion looks epic – nice work! QQ: the wires from the board to the X-axis gantry point look way too short for this longer stretch – do you plan to extend them too?

I think he needs a wireless connection for that span… lol…

As an ex police officer, you clearly didn’t “get the message” initially and went right to insinuating and insulting them.

God help whoever you have questioned in the past. Qualifying questions are meant to clarify a situation, which is something you clearly did not do.

Everyone can relax. I made a mistake and I owned up to it. I didn’t provide enough information and that was my bad. No need for everyone to get bent out of shape.
I make it a point to give sometimes too much information. I didn’t clarify myself. Situation is handled, I got my wiring harness today, installed it & it’s working like it should. I used the $131=950 and set the workspace to 950mm height. Works great!
Thanks again everyone. Next time I have a question, and I’m sure I will, I’ll provide more information then is necessary to prevent unnecessary back 'n forth emails.

1 Like

Great work. Glad you got it all sorted out. Share a pic once you get something burned that takes advantage of that size.

Also, please mark this solved so that it’s clear that this has been resolved.

2 Likes

Great it’s operational…

I have a bit of PTSD from tech support and IT in general. Nothing like getting yelled at for hours because I asked a simple question, “Is the computer plugged in and did you hit the power button?” until someone actually went onsite and … plugged it in and hit the power button.

First rule of tech support is ask the basic questions.

Ironically I did tech support for 13 years. Back when DOS still outnumbered Windows. It was ugly and not a pleasant experience that’s for sure.
I’m now a DBA and I am still doing a bit of tech support but for SQL Server databases. So I feel your pain.

1 Like

I’m no longer in it but my final role was incident manager, had you guys on calls for hours solving massive incidents. Not really my bag anymore. I’m self employed. The laser helps with my biz and am hoping to make enough with it to buy a house.

I used all the money I made in IT to travel. lmfao. Oh well, happy wife, happy life.

DOS, back in the day they taught DOS in elementary school. I’m not joking about the PC not being plugged in. That was a hell of a day. Contrary to popular belief, Canadian women can be very mean.

Just a follow-up question: was that some off-the-shelf “wiring harness”? I want to upgrade my LM2 with the sculpfun S9 laser head, but doubting to buy the complete sculpfun system with the expansion kit to also have a bigger size work area. If however I could use the expansion kit (or just buy the needed parts) to get the LM2 to the bigger size, that would be at least as good, as the LM2 already has the limit switches and other safety features which the S9 system does not have…

I guess the mail might have been because of my question as well. Could you please point me in the right direction concerning the cabling? Thanks in advance!

Thomas, there’s a guy on Facebook forum (Official Ortur User Group) by the name of Ihab Ibrahim. Very personable and reasonably priced. He may be backed up on orders because, as far as I know, he’s the only guy I know doing this at this time. Touch base with him.

As for the email…I got yours and sorry for the prolonged reply. Started a new job and playing catch up with everything.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Will order the sculpfun head for now and then later on try to enlarge my working area as you did when I feel ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am closing this thread as it seems to have devolved into something other than support. Please play nice folks. No need or value exchanged. Lets get back to what we are here to do. Support each other in a friendly and kind way.

If there are still technical questions or suggestions to help with “Enlarging my Ortur workspace”, please start a new post.

3 Likes