Error Encountered - Disconnected ANOTHER POST

Like others on this forum, I have a 50W JPT Fiber Laser. Works fine with EZcad2. Lightburn is able to “find my laser” and add it as a device. Lighburn doesn’t work and says “Error Encountered - Disconnected”. I tried installing the driver at lightburn installation and also using Zadig installer. I tried restarting the computer and program many times. My computer is running windows 10 pro. In another forum post, someone said they were sent a different driver by a user which worked for them called “lightburn bjjcz ezcad2 controller”. Does anyone have a copy of this driver that I can try? Does anyone have any other solution? Thanks in advance.

According to the Docs, the driver can be found on your system here:

Alternately, the installer for the driver is in the LightBurn files at "C:\Program Files\LightBurn\EzCad2Driver" and can be run again via the “dpinst-x64.exe” file directly.

Yes, that appears to be the name of my current driver. I was wondering if there was an alternative that makes it work somehow. Maybe there isn’t. I don’t know how to make it work at this point and maybe the board that I have just isn’t compatible with lightburn. I just hate EZcad 2 and it doesn’t hatch my stuff right.

I would honestly pay 10x what they are asking for lightburn if it worked.

Have you watched this ? It may help, from about 4.35 he talks about the ‘driver’

Yes, I’ve watched and done every step. Reinstalled drivers many times, but it won’t work. I don’t think the board I have which is a clone board from china will work with Lightburn.

I have the exact same machine and problem as this guy:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.