EZCad 2 compactible/clone board - Driver Install issues

I purchased a new galvo fibre laser engraver late June, and it came with EZCad 2.
I realised that my control board is an EZCad 2 clone board as there is no BJJCZ printed on PCB.
The board has the mark printed “FIBER/CO2-V”, indicating an EZCad 2 clone board.

The machine can run and engrave material with seller-supplied software (Ezcad2.15.6). However, the Lightburn driver won’t install or recognise the device.

I compared two different drivers INF file and the Device Manager on Windows. It seems the UID is slightly different between these two.

My copy board has the UID/PID: 9588/9980
Lightburn supplied INF has USB\VID_9588&PID_9899

My question is, do I need to buy a new EZCad 2 Lite board (FBLI-B-V4) to have this machine recognised with Lightburn? Currently, the machine works perfectly fine with EZCad 2 software, so I am wondering if this can be a quick fix on driver side?

Thanks in advance.

You can try using the manual driver swap method:

We have not seen a device with that VID/PID pair before, but assuming it works with EZCad, it should work with LightBurn once you get the driver installed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.