Error: Settings could not be restored to controller after test run - Rotary Setup settings not saving

Basically this post: Rotary Setup, Changes have no effect

My machine settings save, but when I open the rotary setup those parameters are default. I can change those settings and hit enter, reopen the settings and they’re default again.

This rotary tool:

For some added information:

Lightburn says “Click the Test button to verify that the roller or chuck makes one full rotation, pauses, then returns.” but when I hit the test button the head of the laser moved to the right about an inch, then stops and throws the title error code.

Also “If you are using a DSP controller (Ruida, etc), when you change the rotary setting you need to power-cycle the controller, as some of the internal logic isn’t adjusted for the rotary setting unless you do this. Change the setting, close the Rotary Setup window to write the change to the controller, then power off the control board and power it back on. You will likely need to press the Esc (or stop) button on the controller to prevent it from trying to home itself, as the Y axis will not home properly.”

Maybe this is the step I’m missing? What does this even mean?

It means the rotary has no home switch. If you have Auto-home on startup enabled, you must be prepared to interupt the Homing cycle. You cannot Home a rotary.

So to solve this whole thing I need to disable auto-home on startup?

That would be a start.

Looked into how to do that and it doesn’t seem like I’m able to. It’s not a lightburn setting, is it?

Edit, Device Settings, right under the Other Settings section.

I don’t see any setting there for that kind of thing. Also not to shoot down your help at all but I really don’t think this is the issue. It’s some kind of weird communication issue between my machine controller and the rotary tool. I’ve played with everything and here’s what I’ve learned:

I can go into the rotary settings and literally change the machine settings back to default just by hitting OK (i.e. turning rotary on and returning the settings to default) but the machine settings don’t effect the rotary settings. Might just have to screen record what I’m talking about…

What if I wiped Lightburn and reinstalled it? Or does this seem like a controller issue? I’m lost and have been combing through forums all day and haven’t learned a thing…

Autohome Enable

I have not read any posting where this solved a problem like yours.

This is possible. Some controllers will not let you change the settings using Lightburn. Can you change it thru your laser control panel (not Lightburn)? You have a Ruida controller, and those play a different game than the GRBL units. And yes, it could be a controller issue, but I am leaning towards a settings issue for now although I have no Ruida experience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.