Faisceau Laser s'arrête (Laser beam stops)

Bonjour,
Après recherche, je ne trouve pas le sujet suivant (ou je ne veux pas me rendre à l’évidence ?)
Ma machine était en train de graver, et d’un coup, le faisceau s’éteint mais la tête continue à se déplacer.
J’ai fait le test de brancher le cable laser sur le plot 5V (To check this, you can plug the laser cable (red connector with one pin occupied) into the 5V connector once.) comme demandé ici FAQ - Diode Laser Wiki
La led témoin (verte) s’allume sur la carte de composant du laser, mais le faisceau ne s’allume pas : est-il grillé ? Il est quasiment neuf…
Machine Sculpfun S9 5.5W
Merci d’avance pour vos avis, bonne journée à vous !

Good morning,
After searching, I can’t find the following subject (or I don’t want to face the facts?)
My machine was engraving, and suddenly the beam goes out but the head continues to move.
I did the test of plugging the laser cable into the 5V connector (To check this, you can plug the laser cable (red connector with one pin occupied) into the 5V connector once.) as requested here FAQ - Diode Laser Wiki
The indicator LED (green) lights up on the laser component board, but the beam does not light up: is it burnt out? It’s almost new…
Sculpfun S9 5.5W machine
Thank you in advance for your opinions, have a good day!

The most common failure point of the consumer-grade diode laser engravers is the wiring at the crimped connector. There is no strain relief built-in to the connector to prevent the wire from breaking when it moves repeatedly. Simply put, these common connectors are not designed for moving components.

I am not familiar with the laser module on your S9. A quick look on the web shows that it’s a PWM device and is expecting 12V Vcc supply and between 5 and 12V PWM input to control it.

If the 12V circuit was powered, and the 5V was plugged into the PWM (signal line) then the laser ‘Should’ fire at 100%. But only if the 12V supply and ground wires are good.

Was the 12V wire powered?
What does the green light indicate?
What is the same or different about the cooling fan on the laser module.

A good test for this is to connect the laser normally and repeat your project. While the project is running, wiggle the wire that connects to the Laser Module. If you can generate an intermittent behavior by wiggling the wire you can prove that the wire is broken inside the insulation. This happens most often at the crimp.

Although the end of the laser module wiring that is plugged into the controller moves much less, the wires can still break. Gently wiggle the wire at the controller end as well to make sure it’s not broken.

2 Likes

Merci pour votre réponse rapide : mais j’ai tout essayé, de bouger tous les câbles. Ce qui m’inquiète, c’est la led témoin qui s’allume, alors qu’il n’y a pas de faisceau. A mon avis, il n’y a pas d’autre solution que de changer la pièce.

Thank you for your quick response: but I tried everything, to move all the cables. What worries me is the indicator LED that lights up, even though there is no beam. In my opinion, there is no other solution than to change the part.

La présence de la led verte dit que le signal arrive bien, (sauf erreur de ma part) mais pas de faisceau !

The presence of the green LED indicates that the signal is arriving (unless I am mistaken) but no beam!

1 Like

I have no documentation on the meanings of the LEDs.

Some boards show PWM and Power. I do not know if the amber LED indicates success or failure.

If both power and PWM are present at the module, you may have a module that has failed.

Did you check / clean the lens already? You have to remove the black cone to see the lens. It you can’t detect any beam whatsoever, I also guess your diode has died. The LEDs indicate that power and signal are working correctly.

Oui, j’ai nettoyé un lentille (déjà propre). Il me semble que la diode laser est morte :weary:

Oui, j’ai nettoyé un lentille (déjà propre). Il me semble que la diode laser est morte :weary:

J’ai exécuté l’opération demandé par le revendeur décrite ci-dessus (If the 12V circuit was powered, and the 5V was plugged into the PWM (signal line) then the laser ‘Should’ fire at 100%. But only if the 12V supply and ground wires are good.). Sans succès !
Merci de votre aide.

I carried out the operation requested by the dealer described above (If the 12V circuit was powered, and the 5V was plugged into the PWM (signal line) then the laser ‘Should’ fire at 100%. But only if the 12V supply and ground wires are good.). Without success !
Thank you for your help.

La question est résolue, mais la machine est en panne !

The question has been answered, but the machine has broken down!

Is it broken wiring, the laser Module or the Control Board?

Knowing this will help the next person that is attempting to solve a hardware problem. Knowing this also allows us to be better hosts. :slight_smile:

So the wiring is correct and the card responds perfectly. BUT the laser diode is faulty. This is the conclusion of the test in the following video

(as described on Guide to mechanical adjustments and maintenance)

Are there two LEDs lighting on the laser head? There should be two. An orange one as well. I don’t see it. It looks like there is no signal coming to the head → broken cables.

Are there two LEDs lighting on the laser head? There should be two.

The two LEDs can be seen in the photo above. The video is an example sent by the retailer.

Yes, in the photo I see both LEDs. But in the video, you put a 100% signal to the laser and there is NO orange LED turning on. There is no signal coming to the laser head.

Yes, in the photo I see both LEDs. But in the video, you put a 100% signal to the laser and there is NO orange LED turning on. There is no signal coming to the laser head.

You can find it here

<iframe width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" src="https://mega.nz/embed/GWohRZ4B#bzM7SHQpM7KOggxkJ6SmT66tpMjHhelbKTJ_o17JOPo!1a" allowfullscreen allow="autoplay;"></iframe>

Ah, ok. In the second video, it was visible for a fraction of a second. Then the diode has just died. You need to replace the laser head.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.