Fill + line not aligned

Lets go back to @PKKid suggestion and check the belts.

And, thanks for everyoneā€™s help so far!!!

Iā€™ve seen similar when the grub screw is walking out isnā€™t quite looseā€¦

Donā€™t know why they call it that as itā€™s not a pwm output, it just tells the motors which edge is active.

Guess itā€™s like air assist ending up ā€˜windā€™ā€¦

:smile_cat:

PWM is Pulse Width Modulation. Has to do with the digital square wave signal.

Everything that is digital has a square wave signal. Few are PWM.

The output from the controller is only steps/direction.?

Just going by something I read

Are you currently engraving your scanning fill in one direction? (bi-directional off) If so, the offset image willl be offset in one direction. Itā€™s caused by the minor delay in turning on the CO2 Laer tube at speed.

This may be worth review:

Russ says ā€˜belt climbā€™:

His error in the output is way larger than you could compensate/fix with these methods.

It appears that the offset is increasing along the Y axes going up.

How is this engraving? Order wiseā€¦

Is the fill starting at the bottom?

This feels similar to a problem I had:

Try changing your rising edge settings. Be smarter than me and note what they are now. Then change just one of them. If that doesnā€™t work revert and then change the other one.

1 Like

I think you are experiencing the same issue I have. See my post here: Scanning Offset table not recognized after 1.0.0.6 - #2 by JohnJohn

The examples I show are some test patterns but essentially my results on actual projects are appearing just like yours. I havenā€™t had a chance to send the log files that Lightburn Requested but I just reverted back to a 1.0.xxx release and it works correctly again. Read my post for all the details. Iā€™m assuming you are running a 1.1.xxx version of the Lightburn software? Hopefully that solves your problem, I just about pulled my hair out trying to figure it out. Good luck.

Here is the link to previous versions. I found 1.0.06 to be the last version that worked for me. Any 1.1.xx produced the error.

Definitely agree itā€™s VERY likely a PWM Rising Edge Valid setting: I had a similar problem with my Omtech 55W and based on the fb group I suspect many Omtech 55ā€™s are misconfigured from the factory with this same issue.

As I understand it both the x and Y PWM Rising Edge Valid setting should be the same (as they are using the same motor on the X and Y) - for some reason mine shipped with one True and one False. I flipped the x to false and left Y at false and it fixed my problem. Note your machine might need the opposite setting.

Check the Lightburn documentation here: and look at the section on Skewed engraving at the bottom.

https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/ConfiguringRuida.html

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.