Flashing Red/Green/Alarm Beeping AND Error 8 Does not "Start up/Home"

DO NOT post your License Key
I just replaced the motherboard on my Ortur LM3 and had more problems than when I first bought the machine. Light flashes Red to Green with beeping/alarm sound of 1 followed by 3 quick beeps… WHAT HAVE I DONE? thanks for any ideas
If your issue requires LightBurn staff attention, please email us at support@LightBurnSoftware.com - this is a public forum

Might check out these threads…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Definitely will check them out, I have a new micro SD in the unit, but perhaps it’s too large, which kind of throws me for a loop, I have emailed Lightburn also… Thanks!

If possible record a 20 sec video of homing behaviour and the beeps. would help hugely.

“substatus
26 System Error
substate
Motor driver error Blue-2 times (once)
Display only in the error state
LONG - Short short - LONGGG PAUSE”

Can you take a couple of images of your main wiring harness and now its connecting to the laser motherboard

I have not re- ziptied the lines to the frame, but have checked that connection a couple times to see if it was loose or out of alignment ? your thoughts? and again, thank you for your time and efforts!

Everything looks correct to me,

At this point you might need the manufacturer to come in and help diagnose.

The motherboard is NOT happy but that type of diagnostics is a bit deeper to do.

Are you able to connect to the laser even though its beeping?

Any console errors from the very top?
does it detect 24v?

Unable to make the actual connection, I will try to contact Ortur, but that is frustrating in the time zone difference and lack of a sense of personal contact. Thank you so much, it’s what I have felt from the start. Thank you again!

A couple additional thoughts:

a) do you have 3d printed legs?
b) Your Power adapter is 24v 4amps correct?
c) at the back YRR/Ymotor switch is on Ymotor?
d) SD card is in?

No legs I built 2 wooden block pedestals screwed to a sheet of OSB so that i could maintain a more stable base, this done in early 2023 with decent success, no movement for matchups, yes to the remaining 3 items, even though I Have used it without the SD card w/o incident previously, at this point I am looking for the cheapest new LM3 to switch out the power end so I can complete some items, later will delve more deeply. Just that the communications w Ortur are so “void” of human presence , you have been so helpful, even in reinforcing check points! Thank You, again!
I am thinking motherboard, but that ship time doesn’t work well with wedding gifts planned out on the calendar… Time shall tell! Thank You so Much!

Thanks Jack, i am just gonna have to really dig thru this!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.