Frame button not working properly

New to Lightburn!

Everything has been working fine, but for some reason my Frame button up and stopped working as intended. I have the box checked in my settings so the frame will start before the project. Now when i click the frame button it will fire the laser. When i hit stop, it makes a project complete sound and restarts the project. The only way to stop it is to pause and then stop. Not sure what I did to change up this setting.

Please explain. There is no such button to frame before a project.

Is there a reason you’re trying to stop the framing? And are you saying that after pushing stop it immediately starts rerunning something?

It sounds like this has nothing to do with framing and something else.

Can you take a full screenshot of LightBurn which includes the Laser window and Cut window showing?

I took a video of whats happening

When i have the file i want to use highlighted and hit the frame button, instead of casting an image with the red laser it just starts the project itself. No pre-image down

Thank you!

Hi there! I included a video of what is going on. When i select the image i want to use and hit the frame button so i can see where exactly id be putting tbe laser marking down. Instead of a casting an outline with the red laser it just starts my project

I have noticed that the framing works the first time but if nothing has changed it doesn’t require it the second time

Ah. Didn’t realize you were on a galvo. I’m not very familiar with galvo function although I know there is a unique framing mechanism at play which I assume is contributing to this. Hopefully someone else closer to this can provide more insight.

Hi there,

Apologies I haven’t been clear. When I hit the framing button it starts the laser process as if I am hitting the start button.

Rather than casting an outline. I just instantly starts the laser process. No chance of being able to tell the size or location with the red laser outline physically on my table.

Sorry I misunderstood. I have no idea. Just curious though, what happens when you click the start vs frame?

Hitting start and hitting frame both seem to be functioning as the same button. Either button fires the laser up.

Check this post out. Looks like the same problem with possible fix.

Fiber laser, when framing it starts the engraving and runs continuous - LightBurn Software Questions [OFFICIAL] - LightBurn Software Forum

I figured it out.

Under device settings on the right it “Start Marking” was set to None by default but for some reason changes to 15 on me. Setting it back to none fixed my issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.