Framing Goes Outside Margins

Hello! I have an Ortur Laser Master 3.

The problem I have is, when I click on frame, if the origin is set wrongly by mistake, the laser doesn’t give me any error. I tries to go outside the margins, and obviously the motors hurr horribly.

Is there any setting I could make, so that lightburn warns me before framing if it knows it will push the laser beyond it’s engraving area?

I hope I made myself clear :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Do you have “Enable out of bounds warning” set in Edit->Device Settings? If so, you should be warned of any such scenario.

However, that depends on certain conditions:

1. You are homing the laser at the start of every session
  2. You are never moving your laser by hand after homing, use jogging controls only
  3. You don’t ignore error messages
  4. Additionally, using Absolute Coords as your Start From mode will make this much more straightforward
1 Like

Yes, it’s enabled.

1. I am doing that, yes.
  2. Nope, not doing that.
  3. I think I only get the error after the laser hits the margin and starts hurring, but not sure, and still it doesn’t stop.
  4. It’s true, but sometimes it’s a lot harder to frame something. When I have a piece that’s not 400x400, it’s so much easier to frame it based on the plywood corner.

True. But in this case, do not fiddle with any “origin” setting. Set start point to “current position” and hit GO. That’s all. I nearly never use absolute coordinates and have absolutely never set any origin :slight_smile: To me, the best setting is
grafik
If you set it up like that, move the laser to the start spot and hit frame or start, it will start right away :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should get a warning message irrespective of the “Start From” mode being used as long as you’re adhering to the conditions listed. This assumes that your device has been configured correctly, however.

Is your workspace size correct in Edit->Device Settings?

Also, let’s make sure that your laser is reporting correct coordinates.

Can you run these commands in Console and return output?

$H
$#
?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.