Framing Issue for whole area

New to the Laser Engraving world. Setup equipment without issue and engraved a couple small items to test to try to understand Lightburn and how these work, without issue. Now drew a basic grid pattern for entire work surface to ensure that when I put working material under laser that it will be square and I’ll know exactly where something will engrave. However, when I selected ‘Frame’ the laser went from left to right then started bottom to top but stopped around the @400mm area, started shaking, as if stuck, and stopped. Selected ‘Home’ and laser returned to ‘Home’ with minor shaking when in started. Reviewed other comments regarding ‘Framing’ and all seems well and square. Then, using move panel, selected X = 200 and Y = 425 and ‘Go’ and laser went to proper location. Then selected X = 399 and Y = 425 and laser moved to proper location without hesitation. After returning to ‘Home’, selected X = 399 and Y = 215 and laser moved to proper location without hesitation. Then selected X = 399 and Y = 425 and laser again moved until about Y=400 and hesitated and stopped. It appears that the laser is stopping about Y=400 on both sides (also tried above using X = 5) but not in the middle. I’m afraid to try and engrave the grid for fear that laser will stop. I have confirmed in Edit>Device Settings that Width = 400mm and Height = 430mm. Any assistance would be appreciated.

It sounds like you have a spot that your engraver is binding up and the stepper motor is skipping steps.
I would check the freedom of movement for both axis by hand first. It sounds like perhaps your belts are too tight, there is a bit of grit/perhaps a burr on a rail, or your frame may be slightly out of square. Be sure the power is off, and move the Y axis slowly, there should be only minor resistance, and it should be an even amount of resistance from one end to the other. Do not move the axis extremely quickly, as the stepper motors can act as generators and create electricity that not all motherboards are too fond of. Going slowly prevents a high voltage backfeed to your motherboard, and keeps things happier in the electric brains.

If all checks out feel free to link a video or something so we can see what is happening. Pictures are worth many thousands of typed words.

Tyler - Thanks for your response. I checked square, checked rails and belts. I tried to loosen the Y-axis belt, but then the laser won’t move. Y-axis does feel a little snuck compared to x-axis. I can run the laser via move up (y-axis) to about 400mm very smoothly, then it stops. If I select home, then it will chatter all the way back to home. The console displays the following;

[SC7A20:(255) Shock and Movement detected!]
[SC7A20:(330) Shock and Movement detected!]
[SC7A20:(315) Shock and Movement detected!]
[SC7A20:(325) Shock and Movement detected!]
[SC7A20:(290) Shock and Movement detected!]
[SC7A20:(460) Shock and Movement detected!]
[SC7A20:(270) Shock and Movement detected!]
[SC7A20:(300) Shock and Movement detected!]
[SC7A20:(250) Shock and Movement detected!]

I’ve even changed Design setting for height from 430 to 400, hoping that would help, but got same results. The chattering only happens on the sides but not up the middle, going up. But once laser is told to home, then it will chatter to the left and all the way down left side to home, with similar above error code.

I don’t have a cell phone, therefore video will be difficult. My wife may assist, if her cell phone is working. If desired, send me a personal email and I’ll give you my home phone number and I can put you on speaker and we can talk directly.

Also get the following once unit returns to home and not sure if this may be relevant;
Ortur Laser Master 2 Ready!
OLF 140.
Grbl 1.1h [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]

Again, thanks in advance.

One of your cable plugs is not seated properly, probably the Y stepper motor.