Full engrave Apple watch band

I’ve done initials on bands before, but never a full engrave. So while I was messing in the garage this afternoon I grabbed a band I had a lying around, come up with a design and ran it. Infilled with acrylic paint. Think it came out pretty cool.

5 Likes

That turned out well! I have a few of those sitting beside me to try the same thing, but time is scarce. :slight_smile:

They look great did you just wipe on and wipe off the paint?
Nev

I did but I let it set about an hour or so then took a baby wipe and cleaned it off.

Looks great !! I want to do that, but I’m new to lasers and I can’t do it, I have a simple ortur laser master 2 laser, but I can’t find a good configuration so that it has good details and good depth. :frowning:

looks awsome i’m having trouble finding a good setting. what laser do you have

what machine, and % of power & speed are you using?

I’m using a red and black 60 watt. I ran it at 175mms 35% power.

1 Like

Awesome work thanx for sharing

Here is a video to explain how to fill in the paint and how to clean it for those that are curious on the process.

Ignore the GlowForge part at the beginning

:beers:

Sasquatch

Curious to know the parameters for a 5.5W diode laser too (Ortur 2)

Here is a process without the use of acrylic paint and from the looks of it it’s quite profitable

I wish I could sell one for that amount!

Sell it 25% below . It’s all in the photography. Take it from me a former professional photog.

Make it look like it’s worth $100.

You can do it!

Cheers

Sas

Thanks friend for answering, that yours has a lot of power :joy:, my ortur is 15w (and they are not real) I need to damage some bands until I find a good setting. Thanks

Friend we are going to keep in communication to get that setting we need.

Just bought a pack of 4 bands on Amazon for $10. I’ll experiment and share the results.

Have you experimented with your new purchase yet?

:beers:

Not yet. They have been sitting next to my laser since I received them. But I’m hoping to start this weekend! :slight_smile:

Awesome I’m curious to see your results. Do you have your own design or did you invest in a predesign ?

I’ll make my own.