Fume extraction & air assist control

Hi everyone, i have an Eleksmaker A3 Pro for which i’m currently building an enclosure in my workshop and will incorporate air assist and fume extraction. I have the mana se v3.2 board with the eleksextra board connected for limit switches. Regarding air assist am i right in saying that if pin A3 on the main board controls coolant then the coolant plug on the eleksextra board is controlled via A3? In other words can i simply take a cable from the coolant plug on the eleksextra board to a relay/pump and control using the M8 command?

In a similar fashion can i do the same for the fume extract relay using a vacant 5v output plug on either board and relevant on/off command rather than manually switching? I know it’s no hardship to flick a switch every time i engrave something, just would be nice for it all to happen when i click go and more usefully switch off if i’m not there when it finishes.

Thanks.

I don’t have that board - I have a GRBL shield on an Arduino, but yes, when I toggle LB air assist on, it executes the M8 GRBL command which in GRBL 0.9 turns on A3 (coolant).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.